Thread: Canada Will Not Back Down

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Canada Will Not Back Down

or at least our government won't. If necessary our Prime Minister stated that he would go to the polls if the Conservative Party (our version of the frothing incompetent dictatorial republicans) forced the issue on same sex marraiges.

The CBC reported IN THIS ARTICLE that Prime Minister Martin publicly stated that he would indeed fight a federal election if necessary to insure that gays right to marry would be legal.

Rather nice to see a government actually put its own future on line to insure equal rights for its citizens, no matter their differences.

This is specially poignant for me, and a win situation for the ruling Liberal Party too because in less than 4 hours today, a Rabbi will marry me and my 9 year partner.

In short we will be legal, entitled to all the protection any other married couple have under the law. It means we aren't different, we have the same rights and will be granted those rights that so many in the past have actually died for to protect. With war everywhere it seems, violence everywhere it is nice to know that while President Bush wants to spread freedom across the world, that in Canada we truly are FREE. It means that at least here two people can be accepted as a couple without hatred, without being called evil and degenerates. Too bad President Bush didn't decide to spread freedom within his own country but thank God our government is not only doing it, but willing to put its own political future on the line to insure it.

The province will ratify the agreement once the Rabbi signs the license we got yesterday.

It is interesting to note too that when we went for the license, there were no raised eyebrows, no awkward glances or scowls or anything. In fact the lady smiled at us, wished us well and several other people in the area where we got the license & filled in the stuff all smiled. Straight couples and two of them even wished us good luck on our way out.

Such a difference than anywhere else. No idiots carrying signs trying to deny me and Dave our rights, no frothing fools trying to call us evil, call us sinners. Instead just ordinary canadians doing what makes this country so great.. acceptance of what is right.. not intolerance, not hatred and discord, just plain acceptance.

Thank God for Canada..
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Rainbo1956
    Great news...thanks for sharing and congratulations!
    Wow....by the time you see this responce, you'll be "legally" married!

Makes me sad to be living in the US

We've thought about moving to Canada many times for many reasons.
    Still might!

A heartfelt congratulations to you both! Wishing you a lifetime of continued love and happiness!

Tell me again why I'm moving to LA?

Dzinerbear
    Big hugs, sorry to barge in on the honeymoon. But really, wonderful news. Nine years! Wow, Ted and I are hitting our ninth anniversary at the end of the month. We will be doing this soon, too, we just need to pick a date.

Hugs,
    Michael
    Dzinerbear

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Why can't Canada get a nice warm desert somewhere? I would move in a heartbeat! Choice of domicile is a balancing act however, so although I would really like the true equality of Canada, the colder climate would be tough to handle [this coming from a man who spent 3 years in Grand Forks, North Dakota]

However, this is your wedding day! Congratulations on showing the world your love and committment for each other!

:love:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Congratulations on your marriage. You deserve to be treated with respect. We have a long long way to go here in the states. But, it is home for now. I have an eye northward, that's for sure.

We just can't abandon each other here. I've lived in places like small town Texas, and Colorado Springs, those kind of hostile areas. If anything, the hostility brings gay people together and the communities have to stay strong to survive.

Canada is a shining example of what could be for most of the world. Let is shine is what i say ! Let it also say to the world that it's just not gays fighting for our rights, the government and public are supporting our cause.

Don't forget the rest of us. We are fighting hard for what you have. I'm in San Francisco, and I have it good. But, I'll never forget the days in Texas where gays are still being murdered and bigotry is being sanctioned. It's great to be proud of Canada, but don't forget your friends that are putting their lives on the line here in the U.S.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

robin
    Wow gaystoryman -- Congrats to you and your partner! Hope you guys have a great honeymoon weekend planned!

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    gaystoryman!

Congratulations to you both. How heart warming... Have a wonderful honeymoon, enjoy every minute of it!

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Traffic is like your cock -
    Play with it and watch it GROW!

robin
    (Couldn't put this as an edit -- too late.)

As for our neighbours down south -- well not a chance of my family forgeting about you guys -- we've got a lot of friends and family in the States.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Congratulations and best of luck to you both!

I'm so happy for you! I love seeing family committed to each other and united. :high:

It's ironic in the U.S. how the religious righteous bitch about the Gay community being promiscuous, yet doesn't support us being together. They moan about the precious institution of marriage while the divorce rate soars. They say do not judge others, accept them with open arms?

Canada has their lobby against Gay marriage but thankfully it's not as strong as in the U.S. The movement for Gay marriage is gaining momentum around the world and I'm very happy for those in committed relationships that will be treated fairly now and in the near future.

Best wished, I am truly happy for you :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I gave up asking Carlo to Marry me.

congrats.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Wow, thanks everyone... it is nice to be a married man at last... i am still basking in the whole thing.

Thank you all for the warm wishes and Dave & I hope that one day soon, what we experienced today those of like minds will soon be able to do so, everywhere they now live.

It is strange really, I mean we have been together for 9 years and yet tonight, everything seems different. There aren't the words to really explain it, just that now when we look at each other, its different. I think we had an intense relationship before but the feelings now, are just.. well indescribeable. It really is a whole new world having that piece of paper.

Sorry, been a long day. Just wanted to thank everyone for all their kind words. It means a lot to have such great support. Thank you all.

Ian & Dave
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online