Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USB 3.0 WD External Drive - Movies Don't Play

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Here's the current status:

"MP3 will play. MPEG2 and MPEG4 will play. I tried reformatting the hard drive. It will not play VOB files."

So what should he try next?
    I've sent you a PM on this question. ( interpreted: It was too difficult for me to exlain "hanging" without putting a rope around my neck and pulling the lever! - LOL )

- jim

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    On OSX Mavericks, clicking on a VOB file launches MPDG Streamclip. Open With QuickTime also works.

On WIN, the registry might not be set to understand what App to use to play a VOB file.

Try Opening the VOB from within a video player App. Try QuickTime and others.

At that point, there might be a problem with the filesystem, the vers of WIN being used.

But double-clicking on a file to launch an App, vs launching an App and then Open > a file, can result in different outcomes.

GWW Community Member
    That's strange...Vob files are in mpg2 format and mpeg files are windows native files...that shoul dwork...I've played vob files in windows media player and VLC with no problem. I know this will be a pain..but what exactly is happening (or not happening as the case may be?)

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Yes, I'm still wondering if he's double-clicking on the files and no App is launching, or if he has the player running, and tries to O)pen the VOB, and what error the Player reports.

Most Apps give some kind of error message when files are not readable.