Hey Guys! I need your input and advice on something...Let me lay it out for you.
1. I put an ad on Craigslist about getting a business loan about a month ago.
2. I get a text from someone asking if I still needed a loan. I reply with a "yes."
3. The person says he could lend me $50,000 and sent me a short application.
4. At no time did I divulge my social security number of any personal data (to prevent identity theft.)
5. I ask him what it would take besides the application to get the loan.
6. I am then told that I have to dish out $310.00 as a processing fee.
7. I ask him when we could do this and he said upon receipt of the money they owuld send me in check form, the $50,000
8. I asked him how I go about getting the process started and how to get the $310.00 to him and he says he wanted the money western Unioned to him.
9. This sets off several red flags because sites like scam.com says that Scammers often use Western Union to get money from people in an attempt to scammed.
10. I immediately sai9d that I would not go through Western Union to send money to someone I didnt' know and he is literally making excuses as to how we could make this work.
11. I also ask him which bank is handling the loan to which I received no answer.
12. They even said that I didn't have to pay the $310.00 all at once and I could pay in installments. This sounded pretty reasonable but the whole western union thing really bothers me. I think this is a scam and I need to know what you guys would do if you were in my place. I'm afraid that once they get my money that I would not receive the loan--hence scam.
From what I know about banks says that the bank in question would never proceed without a social security number so they could check my credit. Also Banks would never make an unsecured loan without collateral. Sounds fishy to me. What are your thoughts?