Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elevated X

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Elevated X

I'm about to join the Elevated X crowd.

Gee, I'm a big kid now!

LOL ! here's hoping you get everything switched over without major issues

p.s. Luke has experience with that program and might be available for hire if you need some assistance.

So... how you liking those long legged pants???

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Hmmmmm, it is not 1:30pm on the west coast, and NO contact from Naked Hosting!!

Who's supposed to contact me first, Elevated X or Naked Hosting?

that part I don't know, but I sure hope you used my referral link. You could PM AJ Hall and ask?

I did use your referral link.

ElevatedX & Naked Hosting Deal ~~ $99 monthly
    http://www.about-link.com/visit/cmshostingdeal/

OK. I'll try AJ Hall next.

There is a live chat button at the very bottom of the page that link goes to. Also here are 2 numbers:
    1.800.547.9995 US & CANADA

1.909.498.4415 WORLDWIDE

And thanks for hitting my link... very much appreciated.

I talked with Naked Hosting. To me, it seems like they are NOT the people who one and more of us had a problem with a few years ago.

They were quite bright.

I think I'll be building a nice network.

...yes, i remember that, and cringed a bit when you said you were getting an account. Glad to hear things are going smoothly this time around.

Since there is this new pricing opportunity regarding access to Elevated X, it would be great if other Elevated X sites would comment in this thread - about modification and customization experiences.

I have very simple needs, and wants, regarding my new membersites!

Because the big trade show events panels are telling us to serve the mobile user vs the desktop user, I want my members to "watch" my videos, now download to own.

Bec, your sig promotes the $99 software and hosting plan deal. There's actually 3 plans.

There seems to be a bit of a difference between what the software will do at the $49 and $99 levels, compared to the $248. Not only the hosting plan in terms of space and bandwidth and Domains, but the software in terms of download, progressive download and streaming.

Maybe also templates and CMS.

The differences are sort of known by tech support, but not fully.

The first phone call was with Sales. And an $89/month plan was all they wanted to talk about.

I should talk to you about that privately.

Producer & Philosophizer Shane Aaron's Avatar
    I'm thinking of moving one of my sites to Elevated X. Nick, how has your experience been since early June?

Their salesman called me and said I wasn't good enough for them, so I spent 2 months developing my Android "Gay Sights In..." Map Apps. http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...-Now-Available! www.NickBaerGallery.com .

That and between the salesman and Naked Hosting tech, there started some shell game about the $49/mo, vs the $79, vs the $99 vs the $250... A couple of those deals were in Bec's sig, a couple weren't.

it fast became a circular firing squad.

Just today I spent a few hours back on the membersite project. Since I want to serve "viewing" of videos, not downloading, I have picked a couple of HTML5 methods.

I wrote a site in 2008, and updated it for HTML5 "viewing" (vs. downloading) in early 2013. I think I will just expand upon that, and put it in a prettier wrapper - or at least a simpler if not prettier, more mobile-centric wrapper.

I already wrote it (PHP/Javascript/HTML5), no need to buy something else, and suffer the learning curve of weeding out the "downloading" when all I want is "viewing"...

When I was at XBIZ London in Sept 2012, the conversation was all about mobile. And mobile users and devices aren't about storing clips and downloading files.

Mobile users just want to watch.

I found some HTML5-based scripts today that are awesome. Then I inventoried my hard drives, and found a year's-worth of video already in mp4. That and another HDD with 1280x720 files, and 3 other HDDs with a hundred or more each of VIDEO_TS folders of DVDs I made of content that I shot, that can be transcoded to .mp4 in batches with a few clicks.

Finding new HTML5 script libraries today was an eye-opener! After 2 months of ObjC and Javascript more specific for iOS and Android Apps.

One snippet I found in a Library that I copy-pasted in a half-hour, is the little slideshow in the upper right-hand corner of my Android 4 promo section on www.NickBaerGallery.com . Easy, friendly Javascript, not requiring any secretive .css files! I even made 2 mods, on my own!

Since the slideshow is of screen captures from my Android tablet, and tablets and smartphones have rounded corners, I pasted-in a couple lines of Javascript I already had to make images have round-corners! No conflicts. Then, the images were being displayed actual size, rather than sized to fit the space, so I added width=200px to the img statements - and didn't break anything! Hooray for Javascript code that you can copy/paste!

My biggest concern right now is not HOW to write my site, but HOW my site will ever become visible to surfers.

Since I made my Android 4 Map Apps promo box available on my 5 sites a few days ago, 94% of the hits to the individual App detail pages have been by Bots. googlebot, bingbot, and lesser known.

94%!!

The 6% that were human, or at least unidentified Bots, didn't buy, and if they had, wouldn't have made much of a dent in this month's rent.

The lesson from this for a studio/webmaster such as myself, who didn't have a membersite prior to the Google censorship rounds of the past couple of years, is that it is a good thing I can write scripts to save $250 a month, because I would be lost in debt - financial losses - trying to find surfers and be seen by surfers.

I made the first baby steps to my new member site.

FIRST, I got a hosting plan in the US! I LOVE my European web host, but I want an additional host here in the US.

Different Time Zones, different IP Blocks...

The first iteration of the sites is not about recurring memberships to streaming video. The first step is a responsive way to serve tangible and digital goods. DVDs, eBooks and Clips.

http://The-Body-Guards.com

http://The-British-Beef.com

I trust the sites will resolve in your corner of the world.

About 20 lines of css, and another 200 of PHP, reading an array with 60 Array "members" of data. Two domains @$9.99.

I'm now starting to test the streaming video the members will enjoy.

I bought the two Domains on Monday, Sept 1.

Today, 3 days later, 25% of the hits is from Bots! And that is using the filter I created several months ago. I believe there are a few more Bot names I should add to the list. They are getting creative and coming on with new and unique names!