Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who Didn't Pay Me?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I was reading on another forum, about a member who was charged $15 by his bank for a "direct deposit".

There are important terms regarding US Banking that are being confused here.

"ACH" and "Wires".

"Direct Deposit" has become synonymous with "ACH" (Automated Clearing House). It all kind of started 20-30 years ago with Direct Deposit of Social Security benefits. But don't assume that every Company equates "Direct Deposit" as "ACH". Some think of "Direct Deposit" as "Wire", because they charge to send "Wires".

There is a product/service called "Wire", and there is a separate product called "ACH".

Banks charge $15 to receive "Wires", $0 to receive "ACH". The theory from the Bank's side is that the money is available the same day, and there is some human intervention required. My experience is that they money is available the next day.

Many companies charge $15 to send a "Wire". There are separate software or on-line Banking pages required to send "Wire" vs sending a "ACH".

Be careful about confusing "ACH" and "Wire" when using the term "Direct Deposit". In fact, don't use the term "Direct Deposit" at all - use "ACH" or "Wire". They're two different things. Two different prices. Two different procedures. Apples and Oranges.

Some of this carries over to people residing in other countries, wanting to receive money from US companies. International Wires cost $35 to send, on top of whatever your Bank charges to receive. Plus currency exchange fees.

Companies like Payoneer and Paxum soften the blow, by having the per withdrawal fee, or annual card fee, which at around $5, is somewhere in between $0 and $15.

Banks like HSBC, that have world-wide bank branches, allow for the transfer of funds from e.g. a US bank account to UK bank account, for $5 plus a reduced fee for the currency exchange. This is all in compliance with "money laundering" rules, because there is a monthly limit.

The bottom line: if you confuse terms, and you get charged more that expected, don't blame the company you gave the instruction to! Learn the terms, and stop confusing them.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I sent my AEBN Rep an e-mail this morning, after the post I read elsewhere, negative towards AEBN. That post wasn't fair (see above regarding confusing "Wire" and "ACH"). But...

Just received:

"By now, you are aware of the disruptions to our normal financial operations experienced earlier this month. The short notice and large volume of outbound payments meant that we were unable to transmit any payments by ACH. As a result we were forced to send these payments by wire. Unforeseeably, a charge of $15 USD per wire was added. We regret the confusion and inconvenience this has caused. Because this was a cost you should not have incurred, each wire fee charged will be reimbursed.

We expect the next commission run to return to our standard payment procedure. However, if any wires continue to be sent in place of an ACH, you will again be reimbursed.

Please accept our heartfelt apologies. If you have any questions, please contact your sales rep.

Thank you for your patience.

The AEBN Team"

Today turned out to be non-stop banking day!

The AEBN struggle. Letting them know that people were venting publicly, instead of working privately, first, about the age-old concept that Wires have Bank fees, and ACH does not. Everyone should know that Wires have bank fees. I'm going to skip this month's payment, since it has to be by Wire, even if AEBN is now going to rebate the fee, because I don't want to deal with changing my account profile for a one-time event.

Then, a bad partner, who had lost 3 shipments of my DVDs, and dilly-dallied around with getting new content live that they didn't lose. Last month they were rude about it, again, and the response times were lagging, so I sent them a DMCA!! Got a quick reply that they would pay up. Today I reminded them that they hadn't sent the payment. So an hour later I got a Paxum. Paxum expires passwords every so often, and that is a real hassle. After several clicks on links that didn't work - because I find out, I needed to close a window they opened, and start from closed windows, and a 10-minute block on logging-in because so many clicks on their links had failed - I did the withdrawal to my US bank account. Past experience shows I should received it by Friday! That is impressive! Now if they would just stop screwing with the passwords, and fix the password reset process!

A once super, then shaky, and now steady partner paid today, pretty much on time! They send Wires, but their bank is my bank, and when their bank sees that they send a Wire to an account at their bank, they waive the $15 fee! I didn't know that when I opened the account 2 1/2 years ago, but was pleasantly surprised when it happened. I just liked the pretty GREEN color of their bank building! Considering that I have received at least 22 "Wires" in the past 30 months, that's $450 in $15 fees saved! Since the bank does not have branches here out west, if I use their bank card in an ATM here, it costs me $7!! So I do an on-line Bank-to-Bank transfer (ACH) between one of my banks that doesn't charge for ATM use in cities where they have ATMs. No cost, but the downside is the 3-day wait. Banking days wait. Which seems to always include weekends! But, I'll have it Monday, no fee! And I don't need it until a week and a half after that!

CCBill paid promptly today, by US Mail, and I deposited the check via my Bank's iPhone mobile banking App. And got an e-mail acknowledgement that it is processing. It will post - clear - tomorrow.

A down-hill partner didn't pay this month by the 15th. I wrote and they responded that I didn't make the minimum of $150! I replied with proof that the head guy acknowledged by e-mail that he personally set my minimum to the minimum of $50 three months ago when they returned to ACH, and that I had been paid promptly since then as amounts were over $50. Of course I complained that someone there had tinkered with my account settings. That brought on a wave of denial and delusion. But a word that they were going to ask accounts payable for sure. That was yesterday, Today, the stats reporting page changed - as in stopped. Was told to go use another URL, which displays a different format for column data (think Excel spreadsheet columns).

I worry that this might not end well - for them. If a $400/month partner, that drops to $300, to $100, has to unilaterally change minimums, there's no bright future. That and the abusive rep. Another one might be about to bite the dust.

Almost forgot! A company that pays from Canada to UK, sent electronic payment notice today! Probably will see that post, again, on Monday! They use the business side of Western Union to make mass electronic payments, no charge. The UK/EU version of US "ACH" is about the "IBAN".

I think I am right about this, with limited experience: "SWIFT" is the European version of US "Wires", for which there is a charge. Might be the reason why from the US, "International WIRES" cost $35, twice the in-US fee. US to SWIFT to bank. Two fees.

ACH = in US.
    WIRE = in US.

IBAN = in UK/EU.
    SWIFT = in UK/EU, maybe further east and Mid-East.

If you are a US-based studio or webmaster, receiving Wires for which you are charged $15 by your Bank to receive...

Bank Of America charges $12, at least with "Green" Accounts. Green, or "eBanking", accounts have a couple of qualifications: !) You don't do Teller transactions in branch. Only ATM and on-line. 2) You select all of the options for "paperless'. The monthly service charge is $0.

If you receive a lot of Wires, for relative amounts where $3 over the course of a year might add up to a utility bill, or share of a month's rent, or registration fee for a "summit", you might consider a BofA account.

That works for me, because I like to travel. I currently live 1 1/2 blocks from a BofA branch, and the ATM accepts check deposits, cash deposits, and cash withdrawels from any Bank card I have. I went inside once when the ATM didn't work in the 100?F heat, and they waived the Teller transaction fee. However, the mobile APP does check deposits, and Bank To Bank transfers work real well.

When in the UK, I take advantage of BofA's relationship with Barclay's. Use of Barclay's ATMs with my BofA card is free, with a reduced currency exchange rate commission. I believe, but you can check on-line, BofA also has European relationships with DB and a couple of other Banks for free ATM use with the BofA card.

XTube is certainly proving to be a great partner in this day and age of Banking SNAFUs.

I'm on Payoneer with them. As you know, XTube pays semi-monthly via Payoneer, on the 5th and 20th, for the pay period ending 2-weeks prior.

This month, the 20th is on Sunday, and instead of making us wait until Monday, the 21st, they paid us already today (the 18th)!!

Hooray for XTube. And for Blair!

Paxum, despite having a clunky website, which has taken a variety of complaints directly to Ruth over the past two years to get fixed, is proving to be a fast mover when it comes to withdrawing balances to (US) bank accounts.

The withdrawel I started on Wednesday early afternoon, wound up in my Bank account earlier this morning!

That is a very acceptable, and actually quite a remarkable period of time (2 banking days)!

Good going, Ruth!

The company that pays from Canada to UK, via Western Union (through one of WU's business mass payment products, perhaps Payments Up Front), that e-mailed me that my payment would be initiated today, actually was received by my Bank and fully posted today!

That's now as much as 3 days earlier than I had projected.

I read elsewhere that web masters constantly have trouble getting paid, and getting replies to payment inquiries from programs that use NATS.

Right now, there's a thread on another forum about a program run by a guy who used to be in LA, when I was in LA. At the infamous August 2007 LA webmaster dinner (when a competitor got tooted up on too many cocktails and screamed at me in front of 100 other customers in a drunken blackout episode), he slouched in his chair holding his glass of straight liquor, scowling at me through half-open eyes the whole time. Besides not liking his content, I can't be thankful enough that I am now not part of whatever bad business there is with multiple webmasters complaining about not getting paid.

I promote one NATS program. I have been below minimum payout for almost 2 years, maybe 3. They did write to me, finally, 4 months ago that they would pay me anyway, but that never happened, and my balance is still $29.95.

I use CCBill because all of the programs I promote are aggregated, together with my own sponsor programs, so meeting any threshold I set becomes one aggregate threshold, not "many" NATS thresholds. $25 for checks, $250 for Wires (because of the $15 they charge to send and $12 my bank charges to receive, becomes 10% off the top of my earnings).

DHD/Commercegate pays via free ACH on threshold of $100. And Epoch. (I'm new to Epoch.)

This business of a NATS program sitting on earnings because it has been below minimum threshold for an extended period of time, especially after the close of the books for the calendar year, is just bad business. At least CCBill, DHD, Epoch keeps programs honest by holding and dispersing funds, and with a reasonable minimum of $25 (for checks).

And NATS programs that don't communicate? Try that as a CCBill program!!! You'll get an e-mail - at the least - from Client Support.

The other day I tried to signup as a webmaster affiliate for a program I found here, or another forum. The webmaster signup process started out looking and acting like the standard webmaster signup through CCBill, but the click-on-submit didn't produce the normal result. I called CCBill, and they tried it and got the same bad result, and immediately contacted the program.

When I click webmaster/affiliate signups and find out that a program is NATS, I close the browser window.

On top of feeling down that it is mid-summer, when sales are weakest anyway...

Two of my important sales channels are having on-going, system upgrade problems with Stats reporting. As in "NO" stats for 40 and 10 days respective.

The longest promised that its Stats would return about 2 weeks ago, the other promised this morning that its Stats would be back to normal by July 31.

And now a third, had Stats problems yesterday and now this morning. Maybe that is a "Sunday" thing, with certain staff not on duty today, as they are Mon-Fri.

Between the summer sales season, and the allure of the live cams for customers, updating Stats systems is not making for a happy summer for affiliates and studios.

On Saturday and Sunday, XTube stats were at $0. Scary to wake up to that.

Chargeback reconciliation I feared.

So I wrote to Blair, and this morning's stats (for yesterday) were the equivalent of 3 days stats! So how ever stats were lost over the weekend, they were found this morning.

What an amazing, bright, honest, capable company.

Hooray for Blair!

Doctor Mindfuck
    That's right, nowadays members who join chose a nonrecurring charge or cancel after seeing it all and some come back some don't. The days when people did not mind a monthly regular
    deduction are basically over.

You know it is a/an:

A. Awesome
    B. Amazing
    C. Apocalyptic
    D. Head Scratching

day, when XTube out-performs AEBN!

Time to head over to my thread at http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ing-30-on-AEBN and start promoting and earning 30%!

There's great content, with even greater technical quality, and player options, with AEBN. Including Roku.

Wednesday and Thursday, Jul 30 and 31, were amazing days.

9 ACH payments arrived on-time, and for the right amounts. Actually, 1 was a day earlier than the norm.

AEBN says they're back in the ACH business, for the Aug 10th payout!

I hope so!

I'll let you know Tuesday