Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who Didn't Pay Me?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    No AEBN ACH on the 10th. Sign of the modern times.

No ACH today, the 11th either! That was not probable being a Saturday, but was sure hoping! This might be due to my Bank and it's reporting cutoff times. I do have another Bank were it is common to have incoming ACH on a Saturday.

Now, Monday (the 13th) is a US Bank Holiday, which means the earliest will be the 14th!

I remember 2005-2013 being much more targeted to the 10th. You could almost set your watch to it!

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    When I read on other Forums that a dozen Webmasters are fighting with a sponsor program over amounts owed to them via NATS, for 4 months. I only have one thing to say:

WHY are you promoting NATS programs, when the difference between NATS and CCBill, is that CCBill separates your Affiliate earnings immediately, and you get a check one week or $25 threshold later!

WHY would you be upset with Sponsor Programs that pay Affiliate earnings on their own, but then don't? It's a calculated rick you accepted at signup, when you gave them your payout information.

You know the first pot of cash any Sponsor has that they could rob to cover other costs of doing business, or partying, especially in the run up to the September Party show season in London, Amsterdam and Prague, is Affiliate earnings.

Now, as a content creator, I have one merchant who owes me big time, back to now June. I'm not happy about that. As a one-man shop, and having just turned 64 last week, I could use that $1,000.

But it does put my tangible, product in customer's hands, with my website URLs.

I want my cake, and eat it, too!

Today's the 15th. One of my two AEBN ACHs posted today.

After 8+ years of being right on time on the 10th (allowing for one-day delay when the 10th was on a bank holiday), this month I got the first of the two on the 15th!!!!

That means the worst case scenario described above, just got even worse!

Why do I get two AEBNs? One for studio sales of my videos online with AEBN and its white labels. One for the 30% webmaster affiliate earnings. $100 threshold for each!

They are paid separate, and sometimes they do come a day apart. Which will make the 11th now become the 16th for the webmaster ACH.

Ah, longing for the good ol' days!

It's not that the $150 that didn't come on the 11th was needed for rent or utilities. Or for a new production.

But it is another sign that the industry doesn't care about small studios or even webmasters. The best way to thank a business partner is to pay, and to pay on time. The 15th and the 16th, after 8 1/2 years on the 10th, sometimes the 11th, is not a good sign.

No AEBN Affiliate ACH came in today. So I called.

I've always, only, had a Studio/Content Rep. I learn a couple of things:

* There is an Affiliate contact person. They have never introduced themselves to me, as an Affiliate. So I didn't know that. Then again, they've never missed an Affiliate ACH before, and I've never had to call. In 2010, my Studio/Content Rep built for me a powerful iframe to put on my own web pages.

I did have a conversation with a gal a year and a half ago, who had been there 10 years unknown to me. This is a new person, now.

* Expect ACHs now around the 15th-16th. For 8 1/2 years, it was the 10th.

* New Bank has one person entering ACHs by hand! (Whatever that means). I'm envisioning a scene with a real wood desk, and a manual typewriter?

and having just turned 64 last week
    Well a very Happy Belated Birthday to you~!! These days 64 is still considered older and mature (and experienced), but not OLD if you get my meaning~!

Nothing old about these bones!

I sure like making movies, and finding models that can keep up with me.

I remember when this software used to send out Happy Bday e-mails! Got one from GFY!!

Yesterday, it sent me a mail that someone replied to one of my threads 1-2 weeks ago!

I'm still thinking my 500 videos and books will be my "pension"!!

Maybe?

Yeah, sorry about the notification hic cup -- I was getting multiple notifications of PMs like a month or more after they had been written. I let Jay know about it, so hopefully they have someone fixing it.

It would be nice if notifications worked properly.

I think a major reason why this Forum (like others) has gone down in participation, is that - unlike Facebook - notifications are not keeping pace with replies to threads and to private messages.

Two weeks ago, I sent PMs to a couple of hot guys here, and they haven't been on since!

Of course, there are also several social media software packages out there that do more to facilitate networking amongst members than 100 year old forum scripts.

Reasons why (any) webmaster Forum is declining these days:

* Fewer remaining people in the biz.

* Forums (software) don't compare favorably to Facebook.

* Forums (software) promote trashing and bashing of other members, rather than the Trade Show -like experience we go to shows for, to find out what's available to buy, sell or trade.

* Forums (software) promote aristocratical layering and jockeying for control.

i wish we could have a better way to promote our niche in the biz (marketplace), if we're buyers or sellers of goods and services.

I worry that few here actually know that I could buy things from them, or sell things to them - in addition to promoting their programs.

My AEBN Affiliate payout arrived this morning. I contacted them last Thursday, when the expected Affiliate payout did not arrive alongside the (always separate) Studio payout. I guess one side benefit perhaps of the smaller Bank with one person doing the ACH's, is that response to a missing payout may yet occur the same month, not be held over until the next month's batch is run.

My XTube Payoneer payouts (I have 2 studio plus Amateur accounts) arrived today. The expected dates are the 5th and 20th, but my experience across the board with all partners and all Banks, is to never expect an ACH/Direct Deposit on a Monday. If it happens, great, if not, it's normal.

Last week, I found two new sales partners for my VOD videos.

I wasn't expecting that, at this point in time, after all of the downward spiral at most other sales channels, beginning in 2012.

But maybe the downward spiral at the older sales channels is due to bad management and bad practices. and the new good news is due to new ideas and fresh blood in the biz.

One of them wasn't exactly "new". I found some of my videos on their site(s), and when I messaged their 2257 link, I matched them to some recent content sales through a broker. They are very nice, and above board.

That's great I'm sure some new blood will give the sales process a fresh boost of energy.

Also, check your PM ... the system isn't sending emails so you guys just need to look at the top of the forum to see if you have any notifications when on the forum.

It's Halloween.

For the US gay community, the biggest cultural Holiday of the year. For a 2-3 night bar event, at times bigger than Pride, bigger than Valentine's Day, bigger than Turkey Day. Oh, and bigger than Xmas.

Maybe not bigger than NY Eve, but again NY Eve is one night. Halloween starts days prior.

means customers are going to be out and about, not in front of their screens.

Tuesday, November 11, was a Bank and Postal Holiday in the US, and we survived it quite well!

HotMovies ACH, AEBN ACH, and CCBill check, all arrived by the 12th!

Well done!

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    It took me from February until September to get a cheque reissued by AEBN. This included them apparently sending it to my old address despite it having been changed on the AEBN account back in January and the Royal Mail then apparently not forwarding it from the old address. Odd... The account manager left without warning around March and I had start explaining it all again to someone new.

It all started when my UK bank decided without notice that it would no longer handle Dollar cheques for less than $250. Though apparently it's something to do with charges imposed on them by the US Treasury. So I was left with AEBN cheques that I couldn't bank.

Over the same period, since I complained about payment, sales have really gone through the floor. From $92.84 in Dec 2013 to $8.85 last month. I only earned $5.62 in the whole of June. I've been an affiliate since 2002 and have 1,464 members. But the earnings never seemed to increase as you would expect so I suspect most new members never bought anything and there were a handful of loyal members who have now gone for some reason. I still seem to be sending the same traffic.

Until this year it was a commendable company that always paid on time. Very sad to have all this trouble with cheques, the departure of the account manager who was always nice and the drop in sales. I've even considered making a test purchase myself to check their system is working. When you've promoted a company for 12 years you do feel a connection.

Sales dropped at the end of 2008 and then again in 2011 and there's a been a gradual decline but are now suddenly so low that it isn't worth continuing. At this rate it will take me 3-5 years just to reach the $250 threshold assuming they are still in business that far into the future
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Apparently, AEBN does pay via Paxum. Paxum works. Costs $5 to withdraw to bank account or credit/debit card.

For its first year or so, I really despised Paxum. Many things about their website did not work smoothly. The sign-up was lousy, and the withdrawal process didn't do its arithmetic correctly, requiring me to not only pay the $5 fee, but also to leave something under $10 as a balance in the account, when the minimum to withdraw then was $10!

I brought each to the attention of Ruth, and they all got fixed.

To a US bank account, withdrawals from Paxum are happening in 2 days! That's faster than HSBC takes from one US bank to another!

I don't have a Paxum card. The initial and recurring annual cost is outrageous, compared to Payoneer and to the use I ever needed for the Paxum account itself. At $5/month, I would pay more in a year than the card fee, but since HotMovies got re-established with ACH, I have no regular (monthly) vendors doing Paxum, so I am spending $5 once in a while.

Hooray for Ruth, though!