Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Who Didn't Pay Me?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    It's been a while since I've Google'd myself, looking for Pirating of my eBooks.

Did that the last couple of days. Good ol' Google likes to ignore my official eBook site www.NickBaerGallery.com, but is quick to list a dozen or two Pirate sites that offer free downloads of my eBooks. (Actually, there are no sites that harvest my eBooks and sell them, rather there are a few sites that offer access to files uploaded to USENET Newsgroups. They harvest files from USENET and sell monthly access to the files that they have indexed being on USENET Newsgroups.)

Did the minimal DMCA notices and have had good results.

Next, I'm working on notifying Google itself that it needs to remove results that go to dead links. A lot of those sites that promote free downloads of my eBooks are just Affiliates of ad programs. When they don't make enough money to afford the hosting charges, the Domain resolves to a parking page. So I want to get rid of those from Google.

I haven't done this for quite a while, and I am surprised that interest in being a Pirate on the eBook side of illegal filesharing is so small.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    What I have found over time, especially with the decline of file lockers and other PTP sharing sites, is that people buy my eBooks from my site www.NickBaerGallery.com, or from Kindle, Nook or Kobo, then use them like currency to "trade" with others on USENET!

However, the numbers are extremely low. On the one hand, too low to really justify the effort to issue the DMCA take=down notices, but I do that because Google gives those blogs with my titles, PR1 and PR2 rankings!!

Now that those blogs have been suspended for TOS violations regarding spamming and being purely advertising, it still takes a while for Google to update crawls to discover that those sites are 404.

Got my AEBN ACH this morning. For the past several months, they had been back to the 10th, but this month slipped to the 14th.

In case yours hasn't yet come in, and you're wondering, I got mine and you should be next.

July and August were exceptional months, then BANG, the stock markets go haywire and numbers drop.

At least I didn't spend all of it!

I think I see lost orders somewhere in there:

DJIA3julsep.png

And this is just the American Dow Jones!

This is one of those "bad luck" months with AEBN. They try to pay on the 10th. This month, the 10th was on a Saturday. Banks are open on Saturdays, but Saturday is not considered a "business day". Then, Monday, Oct 12th, was a US bank holiday. It's now Tuesday, the 13th. They'll probably send the ACH today. If the list is long, I might wind up on it tomorrow.

HotMovies ACH did arrive this morning! For the banking trouble they inherited from their parent company 2010-2014, they have been on the ball for the past year or more. ACH got re-instated. They also offer PAXUM which is a fine alternative, especially for non-US companies.

Update on my Googling activities from September:

I got about 4-dozen website results purged from Google. These were sites that claimed to sell my print books or eBooks, but didn't have any "in stock", or were outright Pirate/Locker/USENet News front doors.

I got a dozen well-known legitimate on-line retailers to remove my print Books from their site catalog databases, as, as of 3 years ago, they no longer have access to any wholesale channel to buy and resell, or drop ship my books from Amazon.

End result: Orders from legitimate sites have increased.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    This is one of those "bad luck" months with AEBN. They try to pay on the 10th. This month, the 10th was on a Saturday. Banks are open on Saturdays, but Saturday is not considered a "business day". Then, Monday, Oct 12th, was a US bank holiday. It's now Tuesday, the 13th. They'll probably send the ACH today. If the list is long, I might wind up on it tomorrow.
    AEBN ACH arrived this morning. Thursday the 15th. Bank Holidays always mess things up.

If you're in Europe or Asia and still working on how to get a US Bank account for American ACH or Wire payouts...

Try http://capitalone360.com

Capital One is the big credit card company, that offers on-line bank accounts as well.

No monthly service charge, plus they pay .2% interest.

"There’s no charge from Capital One 360 for an incoming wire transfer."
    http://helpcenter.capitalone360.com/...NS1#FBNKEODW06