Hello all, it has been Ages since I posted anything to this forum, so I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

Did Ya Hear The One About Nibblebit?
As every intelligent site owner, webmaster, and blogging newbie knows: Free hosted sites are notoriously unpredictable, and usually turn out to be completely unreliable. Now, it looks like it's Nibblebit's turn:

A little over one week ago, Nibblebit, and every single blog created on Nibblebit's free hosting platform, disappeared from G**gle. You can't even find them if you type in most of their URL. The only way G**gle allows you to find them is if you type in their full address (i.e.: somepersonsblog (dot) nibblebit (dot) com). I do not know for sure, but I think all of the complaints people made about the incredible number of pop-ups on their blogs may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

One of the is-this-site-down? sites includes this in their latest information:

Search Engine Indexes
Google Indexed Pages: Not Applicable
Yahoo Indexed Pages: 29
Bing Indexed Pages: 29
Search Engine Backlinks
Google Backlinks: Not Applicable
Bing Backlinks: Not Applicable
Alexa BackLinks: 2,670

The only information I got from Nibblebit, after I pointed this out to them, was: "we are working to get this taken care of as soon as possible."

Wondering why I'm posting this?

Because, unlike the intelligent people listed above I insisted on staying with Nibblebit, rather than buying my own website. Now I have three blogs no one can find and the sponsor's almost weekly checks are a thing of the past.

I finally decided to buy a website, and am in the process of trying to learn to build a quality site of my own.

I'll check back with you once I think I have it ready for you guys to critique.

My name is David, and I'm Bi4life