Thread: Web hosting - any suggestions?

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar

Web hosting - any suggestions?

Yes it's time for THAT question once again

I've tried most of the big names over the last 15 years. They tend to be great for a few years and then you get issues.

I've been happy with the current hosting except that for about the last 18 months there has been ongoing trouble with email. It seems the IPs of their mail server got blacklisted some time ago or maybe they keep on getting blacklisted.

Tech support keeps requesting it be removed but still mail is rejected regularly. It seems sometimes it doesn't get through and I don't get an error back. Email is a big thing for me and I like to have it on my own domains. But increasingly I'm having to use GMAIL which I don't like to make sure it gets through.

So, wondering if there's anywhere else worth trying? Overall it feels as if services are worse than they were ten years ago.
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Have you considered forwarding your domain emails to a more "generic" named email addy? May mean buying a domain, but for $14 bucks you'd be getting your emails.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I use Arvixe.com as a secondary host.

I send e-mail from one of my accounts there, to one of my @gmail addrs. And I get them!

I have three multiple hosts, to have my websites on different IP blocks and countries, for hard links.