Thread: Bootstrap and Excel

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

Bootstrap and Excel

So for years, people have talked about WordPress this and that, and upgrades, and security...

I went looking at about 100 websites of the Adult Industry, and found many with similar looking features.

I found Bootstrap, a set of code snippets and widgets, that when pieced together, make animated, responsive sites, with all sorts of fun features and functions, that look hip and modern.

I picked out about 10 snippets and widgets, that all run on the same .css file or two, and play nice together. I copied them one by one, and pasted them to their own worksheet in an Excel document.

Then I re-launched by site http://www.Coach-Karl.com, using my new collection of Bootstrap snippets and widgets.

How I pieced them together to make the site is really fun!

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I put each code snippet and widget on its own worksheet of the Excel (OpenOffice) document.

excel.png

Each snippet and widget would have three elements that would need to be customized by a weblaster (me):

Text

Links

Images

Then I wrote a control PHP page, where I manage the sections of each page of my site, and pick the code snippet or widget that I want to use, and customize.

manage.png

If I want to add, edit, or delete a section of the page, I do it from my management page, not from the PHP file of the page.

You know how frustrating it can be, when you edit a PHP page, and all of a sudden, something breaks!

Not so with my method.

Because I had learned how to open a .XLS document with PHP a month earlier, I select the code snippet I want to use, via a drop-down select box in a form, rather than get lost in the maze of PHP/Javascript code.

dropdown.png

Of course, the drop-down select list comes from the names of the .XLS worksheets, because PHP cam read a .XLS file, the worksheet names, and the data in each worksheet.

That's what I have been doing lately, in between being on Chaturbate!

Have you signed up to Tip other guys, or gals, or couples?

Have you signed up to Broadcast?