Thread: Best Wordpress theme for review blog site?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar

Best Wordpress theme for review blog site?

If I was thinking of setting up a review/blog site in Wordpress, what would be a good theme or template to use?

I'm thinking simple front page with a few new posts showing at any one time and, somehow, archiving individual reviews in their own categories once they have shown on the front page; then having a list of categories to one side in a column.

I understand about widgets, columns and plugins and have been using Wordpress for around 10 years now, but I just wondered if anyone had hit on a good customisable theme that might suit?

(I know that some people will say ‘don’t use Wordpress!’ and others will, rightly, say ‘Hire a professional’, but neither is an option at the moment, thanks.)

Luke
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Nothing wrong with using WordPress, in fact it's an excellent option simply because of its popularity and constant upgrades. Many scripts out there don't have that luxury, upkeep or input. For starters I'd read this article 30+ Best WordPress Review Themes

And for Plugins look over 5 of the Best WordPress Review Plugins

Let us know which one you decide to use and how it works for you.

And a tip to anyone reading up on a product, be sure to read thru the comments as you'll quickly find out if there are problems, and may often find a reference to a different product that you might want to check into.