Thread: RawBucks Closing - Affiliate And Content Liquidation Info

RawBucks Closing - Affiliate And Content Liquidation Info

Posted on Gaydemon and wanted to be sure readers here also got the information.

After having produced content for over 15 years, Aaron French and Seth Chase have taken on new projects outside of the adult entertainment world.

As you may already know, production has ceased for the RawBucks family of sites (SUCKoffGUYS.com, FUCKoffGUYS.com & BarebackPlace.com).

Sincere thanks & appreciation go out to our partners, colleagues, affiliates & fans.

Affiliate Content: We ask that all promo content be removed ASAP & no later than November 01 2016. At that time, DMCA notices will go out to site owners and web hosts for any remaining content found online.

At this time, Aaron & Seth are making the following domains available for purchase:

RawBucks.com - Webmaster affiliate program for above sites. Online since 2009.
    GUYSonVIDEO.com - (Available by Nov 01 2016) Currently serves up the back-end member area for our pay sites since 2002.
    SUCKoffGUYS.com - Our best selling pay site. Online since 2009.
    FUCKoffGUYS.com - "sister" site of SUCKoffGUYS.com. Online since 2011.
    BarebackPlace.com - Serving the most popular "niche" in the gay adult industry. Online since 2003.
    VideoBoysUSA.com - Defunct site (replaced by GUYSonVIDEO.com). Online since 2001.

Domains lised at: SEDO

All reasonable offers will be considered.
    At this time no content is being offered for sale.
    At time of GUYSonVIDEO.com sale, all outstanding memberships will be cancelled and pro-rated credits will be issued.

Best Regards,
    Aaron French & Seth Chase
    RawBucksDomains@gmail.com

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    As if people don't have enough to do these days with near zero income, they now have seek out and take down affiliate content within six weeks or face a DMCA from the aptly named FUCKoffGUYS.com LOL
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I made a bunch of movies in September 2009 in Denver. With a couple of the same models.

I too got tired of adding/deleting programs from my sites, so now I use a XLS Spreadsheet to read from. Deleting a line from an XLS Spreadsheet makes that chore faster.

At least this program said they were going off.

I understand the value of a domain with traffic but why would I buy the domain and no content?
    Producer of The Great Canadian Male. www.TheGreatCanadianMale.com

Quote Originally Posted by mhorst View Post
    I understand the value of a domain with traffic but why would I buy the domain and no content?
    I know... that seemed rather strange to me as well. I am also not happy with this DMCA threat if affiliates don't remove their content. I certainly don't have the time to go through 5 years of posts on 20 some blogs to comply. I've never had, or heard of, a company that closed it doors make such a demand.

Just seems to me if I bought the domain the customers would expect the same content that had been on that site to continue, not disappear or be replaced with different content. One way to reduce your traffic quickly!
    Producer of The Great Canadian Male. www.TheGreatCanadianMale.com

Hmm ... you're right of course. I once managed a restaurant that suddenly sold several of its locations, including the one I worked at. Now I had a very booming breakfast crowd and most nights had a very steady dinner service, and my unit was making a profit. Once it sold, the new company only put out completely different menus, with different meals that had a much higher price point. My waitresses had to wear their old uniforms (that still had the old restaurant name), the sign outside wasn't changed for nearly two months and as a result the restaurant was dead just inside of two weeks.

Different situation, but I think your results would be the same.

Pictures, sounds, words & web things dirtyratstudios's Avatar
    We have a TV show called The Great British Bake Off. The BBC has just lost it to a commercial station which paid £75m, but without talking with the presenters, two of whom have now said they won't move with the show. So what with that, ad breaks and a shorter show, people are wondering whether it will be an expensive flop on Channel 4.
    DirtyRatStudios | Contact me at the website

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    It has greed and failure written all over it!

Now might be a good time for me to remind everyone that across all of my websites, a good 35% of the traffic is one Bot or another! From Google, to Yahoo, to Bing and down the ladder to cons in RU.

Not sure if buying a Domain, like Bec's restaurant example, and putting up new content, would hold regulars (if there's such a thing as "regulars" these days), or if that would be apocalypse?

Thanks, Geoff, for the e-mails late last week, but with the awful storms you had, you might have missed the last reply I sent!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyratstudios View Post
    expensive flop on Channel 4.