Thread: How to Avoid Duplicate Content Own Site?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..

How to Avoid Duplicate Content Own Site?

Hi everyone !! How to Avoid Duplicate Content Own Site? Which is the best online tool to check duplicate content?

What kind of site/script are you using? WordPress or something else?

Overeager Otter
    Is your site copying content from other sites, or do you have the content on your site multiple times? If it's all your own content on your own site, it's not hard to fix depending on your CMS.

On your pages, you'll want to add a tag specifying the canonical URL. Basically, you're just identifying the preferred URL for the content, regardless of whether it uses SSL or not or if your site works with or without being prefixed.

With my CMS by default it's possible for a single post to have multiple URLs. Categories and other groupings are a the example that immediately comes to mind. Just add a canonical link to the preferred URL and you're good to go.

Google has a really interesting article about how to handle duplicate content but unfortunately my account is too fresh to post URLs. It goes over additional methods such as redirection (which I use), sitemaps, or header data.

Overeager Otter
    Sorry, I kept trying to include examples and a link to the Google article but my account is too new to post URLs. It seems the system is very sensitive -- even parts of a URL blocked my post. >

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Copyscape and Siteliner

Banned Member
    Google DOES NOT have a duplicate content penalty. Google rewards unique content and the signals associated with added value. Google filters duplicate content in SERPS. Google DEMOTES copied content in SERPS. Google DEMOTES manipulative duplicated content in SERPS. Google PENALISES low-quality verbose spun content copied from other web pages. Do NOT expect to rank high in Google with content found on other, more trusted sites.

Banned Member
    There are many free to use services to check your content for plagiarism. So the administrator who is publishing posts should check all the information with these tools. I am from worldpostalcode.com/united-states/new-york/ and run my own blog. In addition to plagiarism check, you can protect all your content from being copied and published on other resources. It works well.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    What specific measures do you take to avoid duplicate content on your site, and have you used tools like Copyscape or Siteliner for checking duplicate content?