Thread: Just a Chicago developer

Overeager Otter

Happy Just a Chicago developer

Hey everyone!

I'm a 34 year old developer currently living in Chicago (anyone at IML?). I'm one of those geeky Linux/PHP/database people, and I've somehow been doing data/web app consulting primarily focused on nonprofits for the past 6 or so years. I have a couple personal web projects and servers, but so far I haven't really tried to monetize them.

Since I'm between full-time jobs right now, I'm eager to do some freelance work if anyone is looking. I'm leaning towards basic web design, server administration/configuration, and social media projects. Of course, less technical opportunities are welcome too, as they help me pay rent and make sure I don't run out of dog food.

I think I was a member of this forum way back when I was in college (early 2000's) but I can't for the life of me remember what my username would have been.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you! Happy to provide a resume and additional information.

Overeager Otter
    Looks like my old username was retrograde, but the account is no longer active so I guess I'm starting fresh!

Welcome back, and yes, unused names got removed there for awhile when Lee had ownership.