Thread: Ideas for selling more books, can you help?

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar

I Wonder? Ideas for selling more books, can you help?

Happy New Year to everyone from us writers, and a huge thank you to our clients who have kept us going since 2005. I sincerely hope our review and story writing has been helping you with your sales and promotions! We always have room for more work if anyone needs us.

Now, here's a (rather long) question. As well as writing reviews and posts, I write books (and screenplays) as most people here know. Last year I published three books under a new penname, Jackson Marsh, to differentiate them from my other novels and travel books. I did this because these are gay romance/erotica and I didn't want to confuse my loyal James Collins readership or blindside them with some, to them, unexpected gay nookie. I'm pleased to say that the books have started to pick up a few sales, but we could always do with more. So, I had a vague idea and wanted to seek some advice.

I don't have much money to pay to advertise but it strikes me that I could pick up readership and sales if the books were advertised on some gay adult sites.

How likely is it that a site (or sites) would advertise the books for me, or my Amazon author page, either for free, or in return for some kind of content swap?
    Perhaps members of a site could pick up a free Kindle copy of one in return for the site putting a link to the others.
    Perhaps a site could run a new chapter of one per month with a link to the other books.
    Perhaps we could write some stories exclusively for a site in return for some kind of advert/link in a members' area.
    Perhaps site owners here would be generous enough to advertise the books simply for free because you're all such nice people?

Would any of those ideas appeal to anyone? Is the idea a no-go? How much would you charge me to place an advert? Are there any other creative ideas that could help me advertise the books through sites?

The books I am selling and currently working on are in the older/younger (18+) male romance genre, and one is 'In School and Out,' a collection of 13 short erotic stories (lots of sex), some of which won me an EGPA some time ago - that's the best seller so far. I reckon they would appeal mainly to twink and jock site members, and sites with older/younger content.

Here's a cover of one so you can see that they are decently produced, and if anyone is interested in the idea and wants to read one first, I can send you a .mobi file or a PDF. PM me if you're interested to discuss.

Sorry to go on. All ideas welcome, and have a great year!
    Thank you
    LP
    barrenmoor cover web.jpg
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I have been an Amazon Associate for 15 years, as I too have Books, eBooks and DVDs on Amazon tangible (www.CreateSpace.com) and Amazon Kindle.

All clearly nude male photo/video. (I don't do new nude books on Kindle anymore, because they went through a nudity purge 5 years ago - male, female, str8, gay.)

I sell the same eBooks on Barnes And Noble Pubit/Nook, and KOBO.com.

Pubit wouldn't let me join their affiliate pgm because my site - with all the original promo for the same books - was an "adult" site with nude men!! Crazy!

Kobo doesn't have an Affiliate pgm that I have ever really determined.

Google Books might - if there's no nude photos. They purged nude photos 5 years ago, too. Not sure about sexual text, though, as mine were all tasteful naked men.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar
    Hi Nick
    My books are novels and, because of Amazon rules, the covers only show topless guys if that, so they don't fall foul of Amazon rules. I've not got into Kobo and others yet, my books are all Create Space published through Amazon, or Kindles, and all text. I know Amazon also have strict rules about what you can advertise through them; so you can't publicise books with covers that have blood or violence or nudity on them.

I don't have any trouble advertising my books because the covers are tame (but suggest what the content is).

Btw. If you want to send me links to your books (or the titles/author of ISBN) maybe I could advertise them on my jacksonmarsh.com author site for you, via my Amazon affiliate code. Happy to do that.

Luke - aka James - aka Jackson Marsh etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    I have been an Amazon Associate for 15 years, as I too have Books, eBooks and DVDs on Amazon tangible (www.CreateSpace.com) and Amazon Kindle.

All clearly nude male photo/video. (I don't do new nude books on Kindle anymore, because they went through a nudity purge 5 years ago - male, female, str8, gay.)

I sell the same eBooks on Barnes And Noble Pubit/Nook, and KOBO.com.

Pubit wouldn't let me join their affiliate pgm because my site - with all the original promo for the same books - was an "adult" site with nude men!! Crazy!

Kobo doesn't have an Affiliate pgm that I have ever really determined.

Google Books might - if there's no nude photos. They purged nude photos 5 years ago, too. Not sure about sexual text, though, as mine were all tasteful naked men.
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Getting on Barnes and Noble Nook/Pubit is pretty simple steps https://www.nookpress.com . Except, that when I was in Bucharest, I was not able to open that page, because of some lame "security" policy. I do have an email address as well, if Greece is on that same "security" list.

KOBO was simple as well. https://www.kobo.com (There may be a new link in order to publish.)

My Amazon catalog (and you know where to substitute your Amazon Associates tag):

Books and #eBooks of #nude #male #model #photography for you, both Print and Kindle:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref...wnickbaerco-20

Companion video DVDs as well

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_il_t...wnickbaerco-20

#gay #str8 #shower #barefeet #exhibitionism #voyeur Books- we've got a book for you

I also have Amazon VOD https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...wnickbaerco-20. The Video VOD is Free with Prime! (I still get paid, so let it roll!). Anyone with an Amazon Associates account can drive traffic to my Video library, and earn from it.

Mine are the ones before the language instruction DVDs!

In case you can open an Affiliate Account with Barnes and Noble, this is my Nook catalog https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Nic...atchall&page=1

I couldn't, because they (some Third Party prude) didn't like the male nudity on www.NickBaerGallery.com!.