Thread: A Suggestion From A New Member

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Happy A Suggestion From A New Member

Being new to this board I'd like to perhaps offer a small suggestion for the group here.

In another forum that I regularly post at they have a 'introduce yourself' thread that is a 'sticky' at the very top of the opening forums. It is a way for new members to post a first message without having to really worry too much about how it is going to be taken.

Being new to any forum, even for veteran posters, can be scary. Answering a few basic questions gets the feet wet so to speak and helps break the ice a little. It also gives the 'board' an opportunity to show its friendliness by welcoming them as they join up.

It also helps 'board members' get a feel for new members and vice versa. Simple questions are laid out so the new member can answer them or not and it just well, generally helps get over that 'what do I say first' fear that many have when they come to a new forum.

Some of the questions are basic, name, main url, secondary url, hobbies, but an added feature is to draw a person out on some more relevent issues, like perhaps, are you in or out of the closet, what brings you to this board, what pet peeves do you have, or such.

Anyhow just a thought for here.

Ian.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Thank you for your suggestion, Ian.

We used to do welcome our new members in a similar way.

We do find that encouraging new member to jump right in is equally effective. I think you can attest to the fact that this is a group who is unafraid to ask questions of each other, communicate ideas, and share their secrets

Thank you so much for particiapting. This is exactly what GWW is about.

My best,
    Gary-Alan

welcome, and hope to see you in more threads soon ;-)