Thread: This website

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!

This website

Does anyone besides Nick really post on here anymore?
    What's happened? A forum specifically for gay users is not in demand anymore? Or what?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Not much need since the illegal Tubes devoured creativity- and put shooters, content producers and affiliates out of business, starting around 2012.

I am connected to 25 platforms. Several of those connections pre-date this Forum (and therefore the other one). Newer opportunities found me, or I found via Twitter.

The Trade Shows and annual AVN Expo lets us see, hear and touch new ideas and promoters up close and personal. While the shows were dominated by BitCoin in 2016-2018, I believe that is now dead and gone.

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/index.php

Actually, 10 minutes ago, before I commented on this fine thread, and the thread about The European Summit, I wasn't even on the list as a current post-er!

Unfortunately the current owners aren't active and most everyone that still has a paysite program is on Gaydemon.biz, which is a private forum ... which probably deters any newbies from posting there ... so Nick and I talk back and forth and hope that others will eventually put a spark of life back into the oldest, award winning, Gay Webmaster forum on the net.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Unfortunately, a lot of message board owners don't actually understand how much work is involved in running a webmaster community site, they think they get a few people posting and the board will run itself, if only that was the case

For over 20 years GWW had been a staple of the adult industry its definitely a shame to come back and visit randomly to see how much it has deteriorated over the years. It was my and Gary's love-child, we nurtured and grew GWW into one of the industries premier affiliate webmaster destinations (he moreso than me when it was part of the WebOverdrive network), a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into developing, re-developing, promoting and re-targeting the site, the directory, newsletter, toolbar and slew of other features over the years that made GWW the premier gay webmaster community.

The fact is though, the state of the industry has changed, it started changing years ago when the GWW community was sold to Luke, timing is everything in business and getting out while you are ahead is always a hit-or-miss call. For me it was a hit.

Maybe something will launch over the next year or two that will ruffle feathers in the gay webmaster community, there is definitely space, maybe the owners of GWW will do something to breath life back into the old girl, only time will tell.

One thing is for sure though, unless the time and energy is invested, not just by the owners and moderators, but the gay webmaster community as a whole, the webs oldest running gay webmaster community will continue to dwindle and years of insightful advice and information will eventually be lost forever, THAT would be the real shame.

Lee

As long as GD hand-picks who gets approved there, anyone with something to sell or promote needs to come here.

There's few enough gay industry people as it is, for it to hand-pick even fewer.

But, we're going to find out about things to buy anyway, even if we're voyeurs there- and then they won't get the credit!!

When I do buy something, or sign up for something, I tell the sponsor where I found them!

TES posts here, CCBill TPF posts here... those 2 are the most important trade shows right now. I post about those and a couple of others I attend. I love trade shows, and meeting people in person. And it is fun telling Andreas to his face, what an absolutely awesome job he does with TES! I tell XBiz, too, but can't afford LA, and didn't afford Berlin 2018.

The damage done here in Jan 2013 by a couple of their admins was just a reflection of the future to be, of a smaller and smaller base! When I checked on activity there a couple of months ago, I was astonished by the downsize!

Now, the big deterrent to the kind of SOHO webmastering GWW promoted back in 2004 when I found it upon relocating to LA, is the saturation of member sites, coupled with very durable cookies, which has resulted in limited new growth.

Live Cams is where many of us have put our attention, none of whom really ever came on forums... even that has gone weird in the past year with all of the Bot activity that creates very high percentages of fake "viewers" in broadcaster's rooms. Fake "Bot" viewers (that don't tip), on top of saturation of real viewers, and durable cookies, has created a real cliff that earnings fell off of in the past year.

Bec has proven to be the most durable of cookies!

Now if we can just keep her safe!

45917260_10216290461241774_5167636167293665280_n-540x400.jpg

Dr5YkcPWsAA_AAt.jpg

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can I pop the bubbles? can I please???

Hokay, I appreciate the insight Bec! How's Cleveland? grin

! Bec has survived harsher things that she doesn't need "no bubble wrap"..she be WONDER WOMAN! grin

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    Hokay, I appreciate the insight Bec! How's Cleveland? grin
    Really funky weather. It'll be -2 F then run up to +46 F ... in the same week! Been doing that for the past 3 weeks.

Right now it's trying to act like Spring is here, but I know Ohio weather ... we'll get hit with more snow before too long.

Good news: the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so that means Spring is on its way AND we had some Redwing Blackbirds at the feeder the other day ... so they're migrating North already!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    ! Bec has survived harsher things that she doesn't need "no bubble wrap"..she be WONDER WOMAN! grin
    I could never look like Gal Gadot ... she was born to be Wonder Woman!!!

and let me tell ya... she creams my panties!!!

..good..proves you are still alive!