Hi everyone, great to be here. It was really hard to find this forum.

I'm gay and a developer. I plan to create a gay hook-up site, for sex only. The only purpose of the site will be to find someone for sex, not dating. I've been using other sites/apps for years so I noticed their flaws and things that can be improved, removed or added. I listened to people and read what people were saying or wanting. I really think I can improve things.

I know how the gay community is secretive. I understand that people are secretive about their sexual desires when finding someone online. They don't want others to know about it. I know that marketing to that specific niche can be hard, finding the right online community or the right place to start from. Many people don't want to say publicly that they are gay but privately they meet with guys, whether we talk about bisexuals or gays.

Marketing to gays who are out might be easier because they express their interests publicly, but I feel like there are so much more people who are not out who want to find someone online but they don't express their interests publicly everywhere.

Believe me, I was googling and researching but information about it is sooo scarce. I couldn't find any helpful information. A really important thing that I realized is that I should go local, like target a specific city because if you want to have sex you want to do it with someone nearby. The problem is how to market in a specific city from a remote destination.

I cannot really use FB ads or such (since we are talking about sex). Even if I can run FB ads, targeting the gay population is next to impossible, not even sure FB allows that. On top of all FB's policy on advertising dating or hookup sites/apps are super strict. With all those restrictions on FB it totally kills the main purpose of the site I want to make.

I'm not really sure what would be the best way to do it