Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about nelly queens!

Scorpio
    Originally posted by Mansized
    Extremes? Oh come on now Scorpie! You're not playing fair. You can say "These types of people bother me", and it's "fair", but
    the examples I used are "extreme"?

What the fuck is "extreme" about dudes in full leather going into a restaurant with their slave on a lease? You don't think that doesn't bother people too? This happens on a regular basis.

Or Drag Queens? Or guys wearing clothes that barely "contains" things? These also happen on a regular basis.

I'm asking you WHERE exactly do we draw the line or DEFINE "limits in someone's behaviours"?

Or someone that says "You dumb fag" to another gayman? (The webmaster here has publicly stated on this board that he finds the use of that word reprehensible!)
    Actually i thought you were not serious posting those examples.
    BUT if you were serious then:
    People can do whatever they want to do if they go to a gay club. I have no problems with loud and obnoxious queens there as long as they don't talk to me of course
    BUT NOT if they go in public "straight" part of the world... They need to behave period. just my 2 cents

(The webmaster here has publicly stated on this board that he finds the use of that word reprehensible!)==> if you're talking about my post... i edited the post because i know it bothers people here so it's totally for respect.. something that this nelly queen didn't know anything about!
    Last edited by Scorpio; 11-20-2003 at 06:23 PM.

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Originally posted by Scorpio
    Actually i thought you were not serious posting those examples.
    BUT if you were serious then:
    People can do whatever they want to do if they go to a gay club. I have no problems with loud and obnoxious queens there as long as they don't talk to me of course
    BUT NOT if they go in public "straight" part of the world... They need to behave period. just my 2 cents
    WHY?
    I'm serious. Why is it ok in a gay club, but not outside of one?
    And I'm not talking just about the "loud obnoxious queens".
    It's a bit like telling black people they can "ride the bus", but only as long as they sit in the back of the bus. (don't take your "act" outside of a gay club").

I'm guessing you must REALLY hate gay pride marches then.

Scorpio
    WHY?
    Why is it ok in a gay club, but not outside of one?
    Mmm i'm not following you now. Are you serious when you ask me that?
    Like i said... they can do whatever they want to in a gay club... i don't give a shit about that as they're amongst other gays that are used to that either they tolerate it or not... it's the fucking clubs

Not in public where you have people and children.

don't take your "act" outside of a gay club"= EXACTLY when you're a nelly queen (my definition)
    Last edited by Scorpio; 11-20-2003 at 06:29 PM.

Not in public where you have people and children.
    *WHAT* is not accepted in "public where you have people and children"? That's what I'm asking.

Full scale leather? Accepted in "public"?
    Drag queens? Nelly people?

I'm asking a legit question. I'm trying to find out why certain modes of behavior/dress are acceptable to you ONLY in gay clubs.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

this has got to be the funniest thread I have ever read.

Scorpio
    *WHAT* is not accepted in "public where you have people and children"? That's what I'm asking.

Full scale leather? Accepted in "public"?
    Drag queens? Nelly people?

I'm asking a legit question. I'm trying to find out why certain modes of behavior/dress are acceptable to you ONLY in gay clubs.
    I'm losing you...
    OK, to answer your questions:
    1 *WHAT* is not accepted in "public where you have people and children"? That's what I'm asking.
    YELLING AND SCREAMING, queeny acting for a fucking lid in a restaurant for example And that's all... then you can do whatever you want to do. You can fully dress in leather as long as you're not showing your ass cheeks You can be a nelly queen (your definition) in the street for all i care. But don't fricking act for stupid things!

Originally posted by Chilihost

You would naturally!:crybaby:

Scorpio

Lol.. well tell that to my hair on the floor. hehehe :nerd:

9)No dykes! Their fucking big ass bodies and plaid shirts with those god awful haircuts really reflects badly on the gay community!
    This made me fall off my chair laughing so much.

I'm losing you...
    Ok..I'll leave it at this:

I could have taken your original example and posted a comment how drag queens in a restaurant scare me (they do!) and frankly, make me uncomfortable (instead of the loud nelly queens which I find obnoxious too).

The main point I was trying to drive home after I saw comments from others agreeing with you saying "Yeah, they bring down the rest of the gay community..or reflect badly on the rest of the gay community." is that it's VERY dangerous to project one's own morals upon the rest of the community (THIS is how you should act..not this way).

I've noticed a trend of "political correctness" on this "new" message board ("fag" offends people etc) and had seen different threads on how people get turned off by femine acting people and don't like the term "girl" "girlfriend" or whatever.

And frankly, don't know if GA & Lee realize it or not..but these types of post can most certainly be interpreted as "we don't care for your type on this board"..which would keep people away from here frankly.

I mean..after all..are you or are you not trying to become the gay equivalent to "GFY" here?

This made me fall off my chair laughing so much.
    I hope all know that in my "list of ten" I was KIDDING!!

(For the most part! grin)

Scorpio
    Ok..I'll leave it at this:

I could have taken your original example and posted a comment how drag queens in a restaurant scare me (they do!) and frankly, make me uncomfortable (instead of the loud nelly queens which I find obnoxious too).

The main point I was trying to drive home after I saw comments from others agreeing with you saying "Yeah, they bring down the rest of the gay community..or reflect badly on the rest of the gay community." is that it's VERY dangerous to project one's own morals upon the rest of the community (THIS is how you should act..not this way).

I've noticed a trend of "political correctness" on this "new" message board ("fag" offends people etc) and had seen different threads on how people get turned off by femine acting people and don't like the term "girl" "girlfriend" or whatever.

And frankly, don't know if GA & Lee realize it or not..but these types of post can most certainly be interpreted as "we don't care for your type on this board"..which would keep people away from here frankly.

I mean..after all..are you or are you not trying to become the gay equivalent to "GFY" here?
    Well that's why there are boards. To exchange ideas, opinions... It doesn't say anywhere, don't post about that or that... I'm not gonna deny those loud people because i'd be afraid of shocking someone... and if one of those is reading my posts, well shame on you.. boohoo
    I understand there are limits to draw depending the subject, but FRANKLY when it comes to something as stupid as queeny acting, i'm sorry but this is from the start not serious. They could act normally but NO they decide to act and play stupid in public, hurting more people than they make some laugh... WHY are they acting that way? they are not born like that. THEY WANT to act like that. And personally.. they don't make me laugh at all and i even think they are losers! see here another arguement you're not gonna like but that's my thoughts on it.

All i want is the future to be better for us... and not getting bashed on because some jerks acted stupid somewhere. That's all i'm saying... you can be whatever, whoever you want to be but please respect people and behave.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually i find many things in restaurants scaring, especially when i am trying to have a meal with my husband after 9pm and there are children sat at the table opposite us screaming and crying, does this mean they should be barred from entering restaurants after 9pm? Personally i think they should but, no doubt there are those of us who think they should not be, they are my views and mine alone, whether i agree with your views on the matter or not thats my perogative and, quite frankly, i will still respect you for having those views even if they differ from mine, we are individuals and we all find things that others do offensive whether or not they were meant to be, ultimately, its about respecting one anothers privacy and view points, regardless of whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, asian, african america or martian.

I dont think that was what was being said at all in fact, i think it was more along the lines of how others can make the gay community look bad whether they realize they are doing it or not. Actually, this isnt just a gay community issue, however, it seems to have been escalated into one, how would you judge the straight community based on one comment (or several) from a homophobic webmaster? You dont base your views on an entire community from the behavior of a single individual but, you do take that behavior into account and re-evaluate your opinions on the person, community or whatever.

Political correctness, hardly, as for the board being new, the threaded forum is new for sure but the forum on GWW has been around for close to 5 years now in one way, shape or form, the purpose of the forum is for everyone to get to know each other in an environment that is both friendly and informative, i would rather people shared their views honestly than feel they had to hide them through fear of being ridiculed on the forum, irrespective of what that persons views may be.

Sorry to disagree but im going to, im sure regardless of the topics we discuss around the forum there will always be webmasters who dont want to use the forum, in fact, the GWW name itself is enough to turn many straight webmasters off from posting on the site through fear of being labelled 'gay' again, its an individuals right to choose to whether they join the forum or not just as it is their right to free speech, if i dont like something im going to tell the forum about it, just as i would if i liked something, because we are a predominantly gay webmaster community does not mean we dont want straight webmasters to join in the discussions, just as any of the other boards wouldnt be biased against any of us joining their forum for being gay.

As far as i can see nobody is trying to scare anyone off from the forum but the forum is a place where views can be stated openly and honestly without the need for censorship.

No we arent.

GWW has and always will be a forum where webmasters can learn about all aspects of gay marketing both on and offline as well as any aspect of running an online business, regardless of whether you are marketing sex toys, books or computer games, whilst still enabling its members to have a relaxing and friendly place to hang out regardless of their sexual preference, race, gender. The feel of the board has always been one of a steady pace and, quite frankly, i think thats what sets us out from the rest of the other message forums, if you are looking for business advice you can find it just as if you are looking to have a laugh, you can find it, as well as being able to have an open discussion with others in both the gay and straight community, regardless of their opinions. The forum is here for one reason and one reason only, to help and further educate adult webmasters which in turn will enable their business to grow.

Thats my take on it all anyway

Regards,

Lee

Well gee Lee..Thanks for the "Company Line".
    I would have been disappointed had you posted anything less.

I do find it interesting that you will not even acknowledge that I had said ANYTHING relevant in any of my posts on the subject.

And as for this comment: "I dont think that was what was being said at all in fact"

..does Scorpio REALLY need you speaking for him? I don't think so. He does a fine job on his own.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well gee Lee..Thanks for the "Company Line".
    I would have been disappointed had you posted anything less.

I do find it interesting that you will not even acknowledge that I had said ANYTHING relevant in any of my posts on the subject.

And as for this comment: "I dont think that was what was being said at all in fact"

..does Scorpio REALLY need you speaking for him? I don't think so. He does a fine job on his own.
    LOL.

Trust me that wasnt the company line, that reply would have come from Gary-Alan not me

I was speaking for myself alone and, if that happens to reflect on the company in a positive or negative light then so be it.

Regards,

Lee