Thread: Content Providers..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Content Providers..

Do you ask your existing clients what type of new stuff they would like you to have?

I know i have seen a couple of you guys posting on the various forums in the past but in all honesty the only person i have seen asking their customers what they would like is Ounique (hey Don).

So how do you decide what types of content you will carry in your stores?

Regards,

Lee

Ounique
    Hey Lee, that's a great question. I have people ask me about certain types of content, plus we have a survey on our site to get feedback. But those things help us with the clients we already have, so I like to go to the boards from time to time and ask people what they are looking for. We are brokers, so I deal with a wide variety of photographers, so I like to pass on the info whenver I can. I'd be interested in hearing how the other providers do this type of thing.

BigasMoe
    Ya know Lee that is a good question. There are times I do ask our customers if there is something special they are looking for but generally no. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have something like that on the site but one thing that always comes up is, if I go an get the special content their looking for (when/if the content is available) I also have to be able to get updates for it, cause that's what we do. What's the purpose of getting some special niche content for a customer and there's no updates and then I've got this guy complaining cause our site says we update yet I can't get them cause alot of the special niche stuff is hard to find and expensive to have made just for this one guy who doesn't wanna pay the extra for it.