Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photoshop question

BentBoy
    hey Xstr8guy

From what you explained in your primary post, it sounds like you wanna make a layer mask.

- Open the image you want to edit in ps

- Double click the thumbnail image in the layers window to unlock the layer from the document

- Select the image layer by clicking on it [the row should turn navy blue]

- Click on the 'add layer mask' icon in the taskbar on the bottom of the layers window [that should add a white layer with alittle 'attched' icon next to the image layer, and the colors on the palette should have changed to white and black; don't change these]

- Now click on the brush tool and select a brush to edit with [the 'hard round 19 pixels' brush is best to start with if unsure]

- Making sure the foreground color is black and background color is white, start the editing of your image [it should act like an eraser tool]

:::::::::now comes the neat part::::::::: :groovy:

- If you are needing to 'put back' some of the image, then switch the colors on your palette by pressing 'x' on the keyboard [white should now be the foreground color and black the background color] and edit away! the image recovers like magic... heheh

-When you are happy with the way the edit has turned out, make sure you apply the layer mask by right clicking on the layer mask and selecting 'apply layer mask'[you can use the image as is with the layer mask attached, but then you run the risk of accidentally loosing it ].

I hope this is of some help to you, if you need anymore help with it or don't understand something i have written then either reply here email me or hit me up on icq 117-012-009, i'll be happy to help you further :grin:

mirepup

I found your answer!!!

You can "un-erase" using the eraser, just hold down the alt(pc)/option(mac) key while using the eraser.

This takes the image back to the state when it was OPENED. So if you had applied filters/shapening, color correction, it may not work 100%. Pretty simple.

Jeff

Xstr8guy
    WHEEEEE! Thank you!!!!!

RickUK
    BentBoy is right though, layers are definitely the way to go :-)