Thread: Any Significant Startup costs?

blah blah blah...

Any Significant Startup costs?

As my last post (Hosting Costs…) indicates, I’m looking into setting up my own pay site. I’m currently working on AVS sites and so I don’t have the first clue as to the challenges I’ll be faced with in this endeavor and would really appreciate your input.

I have about a trillion questions but I’m just gonna bother you guys with the more important ones…

- Are the any Huge/Significant upfront costs in terms of hosting and/or payment processing that I need to consider? (I’m familiar with the new Visa policy requiring a $750 startup fee) I remember a few years ago some one told me that there was a $200,000 startup cost to set up streaming video. Is that right?

- Is it still possible today to find a good payment processor that will process BOTH visa and mc (including checks and phone billing)…AND also provide a good rev sharer program? Would CCBill be the answer?

- Is hosting really that expensive? Would 6000GB of transfer per month cost nearly $10,000 (if not more)?

These are only some of the questions that come to mind right now. Is there anything else I should know? Are there any future milestones I should prepare for? Anything I should know that might make me reconsider going through with this costly project?

thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it…

AlE

SnowBoy, there are several options with your billing, depending on where you live and what type of risk you want to take (you can still get a verotel account for no setup fee anywhere in the world, but that is not recommended!!!) Like I mentioned in your other post, contact me! I have personally help set up several dozen successful paysites and ALL of them are still running and are all hosted with us! I will help you with your billing requirements, your security, your hosting, etc. Oh, btw, 6000G transfer a month would cost around $2-2.5K, depending on how you want it set up, not 10K+! However, if you are pushing 6000G you will likely have about 80 to 100 signups a day with a base of at least 1000, so you will be making good money by then.

Cheers!

Luke