Thread: Anyone Using Webair Hosting?

mirepup

I Wonder? Anyone Using Webair Hosting?

Just wondering if anyone is using WebAir hosting. They seem to have good rates, but I wonder if anyone has comments on speed/support etc.

You know - proper reference type stuff... Feel free to email me privately if you wish.

:bandana: :construct

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    A good host :groovy:

We've hosted sites with them for a few years now, well worth the price if you were to ask me

Regards,

Lee

mirepup
    Originally posted by Lee
    A good host :groovy:

We've hosted sites with them for a few years now, well worth the price if you were to ask me

Regards,

Lee
    I did ask! I did! - Thanks for the reply Lee. I'm continuing my investigation (due diligence) and have noted your comments.

Jeff

mirepup
    So, this is a followup to an old message, and a bit of rant...

I signed up with WebAir and so far, things are not smooth. I had trouble with their signup process which kept attempting to allocate funds on my card because I didn't get my billing address 100% accurate. 6 tries locked up 6x the signup price on my card for 5 days until it cleared. That sucked. Signup should be SIMPLE not a hassle. We got over it and moved forward.

So far, their response to my tech support questions has been pretty bad. It takes 2+ days to get an email response and then it's as if the person doesn't actually speak english at all or comprehend my question. And I'm forced to go through tech support for what seem like FAQs to me.

1) How do I create a subdomain? (On my other (nonadult) host it takes 30 seconds, with them it took 48 hours to become available, and it's not possible to figure out on your own - IMHO)

2) How do I administer MySQL? This one slays me so I'll post the reply:
    Hello
    phpmyadmin is available in your control panel this week programmer is
    doing some fianl tweaking last week.
    So for 4 days, I searched my control panel high and low waiting for it to appear. It never did so I sent another support ticket.
    If you also like to have phpmyadmin setup as well, let me know that as well.
    As well refers to him telling me I have a DB setup, which I know, but I have NO CLUE how to administer it. I can access it, but can't add tables or data to it. If there's no other way to reach it, why do I have to ASK for the tool to be turned on?

Mail is available through their webmail interface, but I can't download it into Outlook Express until 5 minutes later... weird.

AND their website must do some kind of massive update around midnight Pacific time, because their control panel becomes all but unusable around that time for about 15-20 minutes. Page not available, server not found... seems like every night. Luckily it doesn't seem to affect my site.

<sigh>
    Yes - I am reporting this to them. Their response to my concerns will determine if I stay with them.

I know Lee had siad he highly recommended them, so I hope he's getting better service than this.

<rant off> - Time for bed.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Im going to point Mike to this thread in the morning for you :thumbsup:

I'm sure he will be able to sort all the issues you are having out.

Regards,

Lee

mirepup
    Thanks Lee.

Do you guys hear "You Rock!" often enough? I hope so, but here's mine anyway.

YOU ROCK!