Thread: 2257 and Hosted Galleries

Ounique

2257 and Hosted Galleries

Hi everyone. We have just been wondering what the impact of 2257 will be on the people who use hosted galleries. How will they be able to keep their records updated?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The sponsor program will just provide the affiliates with the required information.

It wouldnt be to hard to do thinking about it, in fact, that would possibly be the EASIEST form of 2257 compliance for these new proposals once they go into effect.

Create a single 2257 per hosted gallery and have a dynamic php include in that file so that when an affiliate goes to grab the link to the FHG they also click a link which takes them to a page for all the required 2257 stuff which would include the affiliates linking code for the gallery itself. In fact, this method would also work for paysite tour pages to if it were allowed.

At least that is what i would assume not being an attorney i can only speculate that this would work.

Would be best to seek proper legal council on the matter

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    people who use hosted galleries have no concern... the 2257 requirement falls on the sponsor program... if anything, hosted galleries are the wave of the future, because affiliates & webmasters wont have to keep any records.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    people who use hosted galleries have no concern... the 2257 requirement falls on the sponsor program... if anything, hosted galleries are the wave of the future, because affiliates & webmasters wont have to keep any records.
    Dale that may be true but, it may also be false.

The fact of the matter is that NOBODY knows enough abotu these proposed changes to say point blank what will and what wont be considered 'legal' even industry lawyers themselves do not know what will happen with these proposed changes because they have never been taken into court as yet of course, nobody wants to be the test case for such a prosecution to see what will and wont hold up however, until that time does come lawyers, keyboard or otherwise, will only be able offer webmasters and companies 'their' interpretation of the law.

I for one would rather play it safe than sorry and make sure that based on the advice we have been given we maintain the records for any and all adult orientated imagery we use on our sites

Regards,

Lee

bigbanger
    For the 2257 rules to apply, a webmaster must have editorial control. There is no control over a feed, hence no 2257 requirement.