Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need your input

Originally posted by Scorpio
    well it includes: HIM, the santa claus from the other thread, toilet paper and a knife hahaha
    Yikes! Now I'm REALLY glad I ain't him!!!

Glad we got you to chuckle abit over this though! Now go design something awesome!

Scorpio
    hahaha thanks
    Yes should be interesting... a website for celphones Never heard of that one before but hey there is a first time for anything

Sounds like the tgp sites that are catering to the palm pilot users ... hit me up on ICQ 324131348 if you'd like me to toss over some links to get a better idea of what's going on out there with it.

dallahb1ll
    Scorpio, Here's a little something for that shit-head - Meka, meka-hi,meka-hiney-ho! There that should fix 'em!

Scorpio
    hahaha thanks dallahb1ll So what's gonna happen to him?

Hammer
    Hi Scorpio. Well, here's my two sense worth and it might not be popular, but I'm known for telling it like I see it.

I would NOT refund his money IF it was, as you say, expressly understood that the refund was only good on the first page and after he approved that page your standard no refund policy would be in place. Since there is nothing in writing he wouldn't have a case against you anyway because of the fact that you have a no refund policy. Kind of hard for him to convince a judge that you agreed to a refund if he doesn't have it in writing and you can prove that you have a no refund policy in your contract.

We have been debating a similar situation on another board, but in that case the company has a full money back gurantee posted on their site but has refused in three cases that I know of to refund the client's money after they asked for it. That is a clear cut case of fraud.

I say, stand your ground and keep your money. Put all the work you've done on CD and ship it to him registered mail so you have proof that you mailed it. I seriously doubt that he will take you to court and if he tries to make trouble for you online or with the BBB he won't get any support.

The fact that I think others who have replied in this thread are not considering is that when someone hires a designer they should be doing so based on a referral or the fact that they like what they saw in our porfolio. If a client is unhappy with the initial designs then we rework them until they are happy. It doesn't sound to me like this client told you that his partners didn't like the design and asked you to make some modifications. He simply said, they don't like it, give us our money back. Here's what I have to say about that... BULLSHIT!

Scorpio
    See, i'm with you on that one. This was totally bullshit... From the moment he said "ok go with the tours" i take it as "We take the site, no refund". But oh well, the others are right about wasting my time though... and i don't want something like this to go to the boards because even if i am right, you know there are some assholes that will still badmouth me for that and i don't need that
    So i refund the guy to get over it... I'll jsut be more careful from now on with ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND so take your business elsewhere... simple as that But thanks everybody for your inputs...

leolion80

NO

Heya:

I wouldn't refund his money at all! As you know, webmasters keep getting #$$&^$& around! He's obviously a player. I know from experience as I owned eburin.com.

my 2 cents

Scorpio
    Hi Leolion and thanks for your opinions

leolion80
    no problem scorpio! don't mean to sound bitter but been in this business for about 6 years great meeting you

hugs

Rob

Scorpio
    oh don't worry i've been around for quite a while now just never dealt with people like these before.
    Nice to meet you also

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by leolion80
    no problem scorpio! don't mean to sound bitter but been in this business for about 6 years
    Bitter... you? I'm not saying a word.

LMAOPIP

Love ya, rob! hehehehehehehe

Hugs,
    GA