Thread: Questions for TGP Owners

Jasun

Questions for TGP Owners

OK, so the Metromen TGP is up and running, and I'm pretty happy with the traffic, but I've noticed that most TGPs have a maximum number of thumbs per page, and I can't figure out why they do that.

Oh, and how many partners do you have? I've only given partner status to a few, and didn't know how many everybody else has.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

Re: Questions for TGP Owners

Originally posted by Jasun
    OK, so the Metromen TGP is up and running, and I'm pretty happy with the traffic, but I've noticed that most TGPs have a maximum number of thumbs per page, and I can't figure out why they do that.
    Well for some they are trying to keep the galleries submitted consistent (I know I do that). My reasoning is to give everyone a chance to get some clicks. (I come from a different time when being fair was the name of the game LOL). At one point I added a maximum simply becuase I had some webmasters submitting pages with 60 thumbnails - half of which were re directs - and I didn't have time to go through each link to make sure it was a pic and not a redirect (This of course was before the edition to Auto Gallery Pro which counts the number of outside links LOL)

Oh, and how many partners do you have? I've only given partner status to a few, and didn't know how many everybody else has.
    Honestly, I've only given out a few. Some are offered to friends and GWW members. Others I offer to webmasters who constantly submit, play by the rules and don't use auto submitters. To date on three TGPs I work myself (not cumsoda that's Lee's LOL) - I have only 15 partners across all three. And those are about 3 years old. I may open this up when I get the sites redesigned... but even then it will be to only people I know or see working the site without breaking the rules.

My two cents thrown into the jar

Gary-Alan

Dzinerbear
    Excuse me for asking this dumb question, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this whole TGP thing. I thought someone here the other day said that TGP traffic doesn't convert very well, so why do it?

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Excuse me for asking this dumb question, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this whole TGP thing. I thought someone here the other day said that TGP traffic doesn't convert very well, so why do it?

Thanks
    Dzinerbear
    Well it depends on a couple of things... owning the TGP site that's being submitted to has a value. while it is difficult to convert it still IS a traffic source. And as the base for that traffic, there is probably more you can do to convert it than from a gallery.

*Note: I'll have a few TGP site owner gunning for me, again LOL*
    Some TGP sites, tell the submitters no consoles or redirects and no linking to traps. They will manipulate the traffic, but won't allow their submitters.

Regardless of the rules, it is easier to manipulate and convert the TGP traffic, when you own the main TGP traffic site itself.

My two cents.

GA

timothyb

Big Grin Re: Questions for TGP Owners

]

Another reason that TGP's/MGP's have a maximum amount of thumbs per page is the smartest reason of all.. You don't want the surfer to get too much free content before sending them off to a pay site which will offer similar content, but of hopefully better quality. You don't want them to cum before they pull out their credit cards

:grin:

Setting up partner accounts seems to help eliminate problems with daily TGP submissions that are done via submission software. By setting up a bunch of good partner accounts, you are generally guaranteed a good source of submissions without all the cheating that sometimes goes on..

traffic is the new name of the game. If you control traffic you have a much better chance of making money from it. You can control traffic much better if you own the TGP site.

cheers,

Luke