Thread: Shady directory operators

BDBionic

Shady directory operators

...*assumes Dennis Miller pose* Now I don't wanna go off on a rant here...

but it gets my goat when someone demands in big huge letters and bold italicized font an un-editable reciprocal link in glaring, huge, ugly banner form that doesn't open up in a new window with repeated conditions that editing it (including adding target=_blank)leads to your listing being disallowed go on your main page for consideration in their directory and then doesn't get back to you for a week and a half to 2 weeks after submitting your site and putting their banner up on your index page.

*takes em down*

Sorry just had to vent

rick
    Actually, I agree 1000%. I spent considerable time submitting to several link lists and directories for my new military site, put up THEIR links, and some took 2 weeks to reject me. It's not like I gave them a ton of free traffic, the site is still in its infancy, but it's wrong.

BDBionic
    Yeah it pisses me off. I have a 2 week old site getting 3000+ unique visits a day.
    The site is brand new, so I want people to be able to go in, check it out, hopefully like it, and bookmark it (it's a free site). The first month or so, far as I'm concerned, is the most vital in getting that heavy traffic that will keep returning and using the site in to the future, telling others about it, and so forth.
    If this directory is going to make such demands about reciprocal linking, the very least they could do is respond to submissions and what not in a timely fashion.
    I understand where most directory operators are coming from when asking for a reciprocal link but I'd think someone assumes the burden of being on top of their game if they're going to make that a condition.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    I understand where most directory operators are coming from when asking for a reciprocal link but I'd think someone assumes the burden of being on top of their game if they're going to make that a condition.
    Thank you for reminding me to check my submissions on my surfer sites.

You are absolutely right, BD. And I'm one of those people who do forget or are not on the ball when it comes to submissions. I am not going to sit here and try to defend myself. But I'm going to add this back to my daily reminder list.

Thankfully, Lee is on top of his game with his surfer sites.

Thanks,
    Gary-Alan