Thread: Sadam Caught!!!!

UkGuru

Sadam Caught!!!!

The coalition forces have captured and confirmed through dna tests , the elusive Saddam hussein , what a fuckin awesome xmas box for the ppl of Iraq...whooo hooo:grin:

xxxmanager
    Am I the only one thinking that the captured Saddam, unshaved, looks a little like Santa?

Ho Ho Ho

UkGuru
    yeah .. i have to agree with that:grin:

Scorpio
    Great day! Now hopefully they'll catch the other one soon too.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Ok I admit it, I thought the same thing. They caught Santa.

Actually, this is great - this should move the efforts in Iraq forward. Now, let's get Osama... He's the scariest one of all!

GA

xxxmanager
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    Ok I admit it, I thought the same thing. They caught Santa.
    Actually, this is great - this should move the efforts in Iraq forward. Now, let's get Osama... He's the scariest one of all!
    GA
    I wish I will be proven wrong, but, the one thing that will undermine the moving forward of Iraq are the Iraqis.

Originally posted by xxxmanager
    I wish I will be proven wrong, but, the one thing that will undermine the moving forward of Iraq are the Iraqis.
    I hope we're both wrong because I agree with you on this.

GA

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    actually this will make things worse. The people who are for Saddam now will fight harder and use the capture to recruit..things are just going to get bloodier

Jasun
    the one thing that nobody seems to have pointed out is that it's now obvious that he had nothing to do with the insurgence, since he's got no phone, no access to anything and was hiding in a hole.

this means that whomever is planning the attacks on civilians and the American soldiers is still out there, and probably planning a whole bunch of attacks right now.

I'm not sure if his being caught is anything other than symbolic, and possibly damaging to any peace process.

I was just reading a treatise last Wednesday comparing post WWII Germany with the post war Iraq of today. It was interesting to see the comparisons made. One point that was made was very interesting to me.

In post war Germany the same guerilla fighting occurred. For a period of 6 months, terror attacks from car bombing to sniper events were wide spread. But it didn’t last long for a number of reasons. First, you had a populace who was tired of suppression and war. Second, it was confirmed that Hitler, and many of the other leaders were dead.

The author went on to compare the two scenarios, by saying look at Iraq. Here is a country with a populace that has been suppressed for more years and is equally war tired. The only difference is that they are not sure their leaders are dead or captured. He continued to say the symbolism behind the capture of major leaders, especially Saddam, would bring eventual stability to the uprisings that are happening.

I want to say that I would like to believe this. I do not necessarily think that the two are on equally footing – especially with 58 years between them. BUT if history can in fact tell us about the nature of war, then perhaps there is a benefit to this capture.

Now after watching the news all day yesterday and hearing some of it before I started working, today… I’m going to hold off on building an opinion further than my own hopes that this will help Iraq move forward.

On three different news networks, I heard three different commentators offer three different opinions about whether he was coordinating things, whether he was sane and whether or not the rats and spiders living in the hole with him were effected by his presence. LOL

I just have my own hopes.

Now where’s Osama? He’s the one that scares me!

Regards,
    GA