Thread: need sum sound advice from PROFIS about VIDEO...

cyber-stud

need sum sound advice from PROFIS about VIDEO...

i have original, sizzlin', never-before-seen, fresh 'n juicy, top-notch amateur video material just screamin' for the net. the problem is i'm not sure how to get it ready for the net. here my questions:

1. to market them on my site, is streaming or download better?

2. which costs me more? (streaming, i suppose?)

3. if streaming is the better option, is windows media or real player the better form? (i suppose you can forget quicktime anyway, or not?)

4. what do the consumers want? (downloads, i suppose?)

5. what are the advantages / disadvantages of either?

6. what would be an acceptable file size for web video of, for argument's sake, say, 10 min. does this differ if it's for streaming or download (my guess would be no, it doesn't differ)

my thanks to all who know what they're talking about and take the time to answer.

greetings

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Anyone gonna share there thoughts on this threat ? I too would be interested to hear whats everyones thoughts ? :wacko:

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    model release form and copies of all IDs

I like downloading, but that's just me

WMV or MPEG with DRM
    no RealPlayer shit, because .... well it's shit.

WMV only plays on PCs, MPEG plays on a MAC, PC and i think linux

size depends on resolution and how you encode the video

JustMe
    Greetings:

Originally posted by jIgG
    WMV only plays on PCs,
    Actually, MACs can play wmv, almost all mac users have windows media player installed by now.

Personally, I make all movies available for both streaming and downloading. Which takes up more bandwidth? I'd say downloading, considering:

With streaming, a user can start to watch a movie, decide he's not interested in it, and stop. You're saving bandwidth because he's not watching the full movie.

With downloading, the user is acquiring the entire file before he can decide if he's interested or not, thus sucking up more bandwidth.

From the limited experience I have right now, it seems that users will start watching the streams first as a "preview" of the movie, and if interested, they seem to download it.

No complaints so far!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    ok my bad
    I have a few people on Mac who've told me that haven't been able to play some WMVs.

I like quicktime for embeded movie, into the page. Or MPEG for download

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Many thanks for your feedback.

JustMe
    Greetings:

Originally posted by jIgG
    ok my bad
    I have a few people on Mac who've told me that haven't been able to play some WMVs.
    Mac users complain about EVERYTHING, that's why they're Mac users in the first place.....

:thumbsup: