Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone, newbie here

Turbo

Hi everyone, newbie here

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am sick of working for someone else, so want to apply my internet and web skills (marketing, development) from my 9-5 job and take a stab in this biz so one day I can be my own boss. And as a gay guy, I've certainly done plenty of "online research" over the years...

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of reading on here and other boards, trying to figure out the best place to start. What I'm gathering is that the AEN/AVS route is a good way to start. Thoughts?

I would appreciate feedback or ideas from anyone willing to share, as well as good resources. I've bought some content from OUnique, and was glad to see the good things people have said about them here.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Last edited by Turbo; 01-02-2004 at 01:17 AM.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Ryan,

Welcome to the community first of all

To answer your question, the best place to start is wherever you feel comfortable starting in the audlt industry, you may find that the AEN/AVS route is not for you and move on to TGP'ing or free site building or even search engine traffic only to build up your sales base and, without meaning to discourage you from the word go, it will most likely take you between 3 and 6 months to start making serious money from our industry.

That said, because the adult industry changes regularly you might like to start off building more than one type of site for example, you mentioned you were considering starting in the AVS/AEN field well, why not try that and, for every site you build for the AVS/AEN mirror it across several AVS/AEN systems as well as making entry pages for free sites and links lists (theres an article in the GWW directory somewhere about this method) by doing this, you utilize all the content you can to make the maximum amount of sites possible and, after a month or two you can see what type of sites are getting you the most traffic and, ultimately, the most money for the work you have put in.

Anyway whichever route you decide to take i look forward to seeing you become a regular poster on our community forums.

Regards,

Lee

Turbo
    Thanks, Lee! In addition to my 9-5 job, I do a fair amount of web development and consulting on the side. So, my goal is that in maybe a year that I can ditch the 9-5 job and get my income from my consulting and adult sites.

I read through the articles directory, and read many helpful artiles. I couldn't find the one you mentioned though. I did have a question about TGPs though -- How do the people who run a TGP make money? I saw the link to cumsoda.com. From what it looks like, some of the photos link to other sites, and then some are affiliate links to sites that are paying the TGP owner for clicks? And, the people who are posting their galleries are hoping to drive traffic to their own pay sites, or to an AEN sign-up? Just want to make sure I'm getting this :-)

You mentioned making mirrors of a site for multiple AENs -- should you just sign up with multiples, and have links on the site for each (such as http://www.male-erotika.com/tmearch/open1.html ), or do you mean to create three sites with the same content, one for each AEN? (It seems like that would be a lot of work to promote three sites with the same content, but maybe I'm missing something?)

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :-)

Ryan

Scorpio
    Welcome to the board Turbo!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I couldn't find the one you mentioned though.
    Ill dig it out for you shortly then :groovy:

I did have a question about TGPs though -- How do the people who run a TGP make money? I saw the link to cumsoda.com. From what it looks like, some of the photos link to other sites, and then some are affiliate links to sites that are paying the TGP owner for clicks? And, the people who are posting their galleries are hoping to drive traffic to their own pay sites, or to an AEN sign-up? Just want to make sure I'm getting this :-)
    Okay looking at this from a submitters (webmasters who send me galleries to Cumsoda) point of view first of all it works like this (in simple terms)...

You submit a gallery to Cum Soda.. I then list that gallery on the front page and archives if requested, once the gallery is listed you get visitors who have Cum Soda bookmarked clicking on your gallery and, hopefully, from your gallery they click through to your sponsors site whether that be a paysite, penis enlargement product, AEN or whatever, the traffic going to your gallery is what you are after and making the surfer click thru to your sponsor is what you are after with the ultimate goal of making a sale.

Now from a TGP owners point of view...

I get webmasters to submit galleries to Cum Soda, in return i list them and get surfers to the main site, once they are on the site i need to try and get them to visit either my galleries before your own or, need to get them to visit my sponsor to make me money but, by making sure that most of the traffic going to Cum Soda is sent to the submitters galleries you keep submitting to me and i keep getting fresh content on the site daily which, in turn means that surfers keep visiting the site and i get another chance to sell to them from the main page as you do by them visiting your gallery again.

You mentioned making mirrors of a site for multiple AENs -- should you just sign up with multiples, and have links on the site for each (such as http://www.male-erotika.com/tmearch/open1.html ), or do you mean to create three sites with the same content, one for each AEN? (It seems like that would be a lot of work to promote three sites with the same content, but maybe I'm missing something?)
    Again i have an article online somewhere ill post a link to for you which explains it a whole lot better than a short reply could so leave it with me and ill dig it out for you

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Not a problem

Regards,

Lee

Ounique
    Hey Turbo,

Welcome to the industry and welcome to the coolest board around.

Jason
    Welcome Turbo!

some good advice....listen to Lee. actually, there are a great number of wise, ethical business people who frequent this board. that's one of the reasons i like it here so much. plus, we get to be bitchy and hot and sexy whenever we want to here, without it being mistaken for something else! :bandana:

best of luck to you and please let me know if there's ever anything i can help you with. i'm not on the technical end but have good experience with content production/sales...customer service (webmaster and end-user)...talent management, business development, billing and on-line marketing. (like my mini-resume?)

hope to do business with you soon. if you decide to sell anything on-line, let me know. i have a brand new billing option that's great for first time webmasters.

Ounique
    Wow! We get to be bitchy and hot and sexy??? Cool!

LOL, just kidding around 123Jason, but you did hit the nail on the head.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ounique
    Wow! We get to be bitchy and hot and sexy??? Cool!

LOL, just kidding around 123Jason, but you did hit the nail on the head.
    Nail? Who are we going to nail... I get first dibs if it's Lee or Scorpio or Don or anyone else for that matter! :smarmy: :groovy:

Welcome Turbo!!!

I think we're a good bunch here! We may piss each other off sometimes, get raunchy and naughty, have a laugh, discuss good business and even life... but there is one thing I hope everyone knows for sure... Everyone is considered family here.

Looking forward to seeing you around a lot.

My Best,
    Gary-Alan

Turbo

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the welcome messages - I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside ;-) I'm really excited to learn more about this business and from your combined experience! I'll be sure to post a link when I get my first site done so you can give me your feedback.

Ryan

Ounique
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    Nail? Who are we going to nail... I get first dibs if it's Lee or Scorpio or Don or anyone else for that matter! :smarmy: :groovy:
    Tease! :p

Originally posted by Ounique
    Tease! :p
    Yep that's me

Hugs, Don!

GA

LOL Well it looks like the guys have said welcome in their ::ahem:: "usual fashion" ... and that's without even seeing your pic yet!

Anyway... stick around, they're mostly harmless <G>

Hey Bec!

Now if we can't have little fun here, of all places, where can we have it? hehehehehehehehe

Hugs,
    GA

Turbo
    Originally posted by LdyLnWolf1
    LOL Well it looks like the guys have said welcome in their ::ahem:: "usual fashion" ... and that's without even seeing your pic yet!

Anyway... stick around, they're mostly harmless <G>
    Thanks, Bec I'll have to see what I can get out of them before I show my pic.

Ryan

PS - Love your quote!