Thread: Happy Birthday - WWW

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah Happy Birthday - WWW

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3280897.stm

Hard to imagine that only 30 years ago a little known something called the 'internet' was born :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    Funny.. I was talking to this rather hot 21 year old on New Year's Eve about the internet, and he seemed to be under the impression that the internet was born with America Online in the early 90s. He seemed a bit shocked that I had internet access in 1980, and my first email address was jasunm@mta.edu.ca. Of course, at the time, the web was text only, most people would either just ftp or telnet to text-based D&D type games, and the usenet had about 50 groups. Modems would receive about as fast as you could read, and there was no real files to share anyway.

It was fun, though, and I kind of miss the early days of the internet when it really was a final frontier.

mirepup
    Well, at least he was hot....

Originally posted by Jasun
    Funny.. I was talking to this rather hot 21 year old on New Year's Eve about the internet, and he seemed to be under the impression that the internet was born with America Online in the early 90s.

Jasun
    Hey man, it wasn't his brain I wanted to fuck.

Fuck WITH, maybe, but not until later.

Jason
    that's the thing about being 21 and hot...nobody cares about your brain...so you tend not to care too much yourself sometimes. i'm glad i'm not 21 anymore...thank god i'm still hot! J/K

my first job in this industry was as a live model...but with a company that had been doing it since the bbs days. we had direct modem-modem connections with each model computer and the customers had to dial a different number for each studio. i can still hear those damn modem noises going off and thinking "damn...i gotta get it up again"

while i don't miss those days, it was nice to have been around for the beginnings of what today's and tomorrow's children will only know as an integral part of life. must be a little how my grandparents felt about tv.

BDBionic
    Wow. Thank you, Al Gore!