or at least our government won't. If necessary our Prime Minister stated that he would go to the polls if the Conservative Party (our version of the frothing incompetent dictatorial republicans) forced the issue on same sex marraiges.

The CBC reported IN THIS ARTICLE that Prime Minister Martin publicly stated that he would indeed fight a federal election if necessary to insure that gays right to marry would be legal.

Rather nice to see a government actually put its own future on line to insure equal rights for its citizens, no matter their differences.

This is specially poignant for me, and a win situation for the ruling Liberal Party too because in less than 4 hours today, a Rabbi will marry me and my 9 year partner.

In short we will be legal, entitled to all the protection any other married couple have under the law. It means we aren't different, we have the same rights and will be granted those rights that so many in the past have actually died for to protect. With war everywhere it seems, violence everywhere it is nice to know that while President Bush wants to spread freedom across the world, that in Canada we truly are FREE. It means that at least here two people can be accepted as a couple without hatred, without being called evil and degenerates. Too bad President Bush didn't decide to spread freedom within his own country but thank God our government is not only doing it, but willing to put its own political future on the line to insure it.

The province will ratify the agreement once the Rabbi signs the license we got yesterday.

It is interesting to note too that when we went for the license, there were no raised eyebrows, no awkward glances or scowls or anything. In fact the lady smiled at us, wished us well and several other people in the area where we got the license & filled in the stuff all smiled. Straight couples and two of them even wished us good luck on our way out.

Such a difference than anywhere else. No idiots carrying signs trying to deny me and Dave our rights, no frothing fools trying to call us evil, call us sinners. Instead just ordinary canadians doing what makes this country so great.. acceptance of what is right.. not intolerance, not hatred and discord, just plain acceptance.

Thank God for Canada..