I have always been facinated with how other gay folk have come out of the closet. I would love to hear your "Coming Out" to your parents story.

As for me, my parents are seperated so I had to tell them at different times. When I told my mother, I was living in Arkansas at the time working at the Holiday Inn. And, one day I just thought I would call my mother up to talk to her and as usual she was pressing me for answers about, if I had a girlfriend yet. I guess I just had enough with the questions and figured I should tell her. I said, "Mom, I'm Gay"!! There was a long pause and she said, "Whewww!! It's about time you told me". We had a good laugh. But later on down the road the rest of my family had a great influence on her and now, my family doesn't speak to me. But I have a new family now.

I never told my father, but I did tell my stepmother and I am positive she told him because he has made no effort to contact me. But like I said before, I have an entirely new family now who loves and cares for me. That's all that matters.

So now it's your turn. Send in your coming out stories if you like. I would love to hear and I am sure others would like to hear as well.

Juan