Thread: Hosted Gallery Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Hosted Gallery Question

Personally i dont see the use of hosted galleries however im told we need to have some in order to please our affiliates LOL

So here goes...

What type of setup for hosted galleries do you folks use?

Do any TGP's actually accept hosted galleries or are they just to be used for TGP owners to syphon off their traffic to a sponsor?

Also any pic minimum we should be looking at? Im guessing a 10 pic minimum but is that not enough or is it to much?

Should all thumbs be clickable or not?

Anything else i need to consider when having a bunch of hosted galleries made up?

Your feedback will be appreciated

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    The general rule that I've got, and it seems to be pretty much across the board, are that hosted galleries are bad, because regardless of how many you've got, within about a week, you've seen them all twice. I'll generally just let one person use hosted galleries from each big sponsor, so it doesn't happen.

But to answer questions...yes, they're generally used by TGP owners to siphon off traffic. (Unless one could put recip banners at the top, nobody is gonna include them anyway)

Just about everybody has a 10 picture minimum, and a 20 picture maximum. With Movies, it's a 5 clip minimum.

Blind links, of course, are an instant Black List for virtually everybody, and all thumbs should only open on the file, not an HTML page that includes the file and banners.

No more than two or three banners, but a bit of text with links is ok. So long as the banners aren't obnoxiously in the way, you can get away with more.

The one way I found to get around the whole hosted gallery thing was to build my own pages, then hotlink the images from the hosted gallery. Some sponsors got bugged with this until I explained that I'd be using less bandwidth, be getting posted in more places and so long as I was still promoting their site, no harm no foul. for instance...

http://gayskin.net/skinhead.html is on my website, but the images themselves are on the sponsor's site.

Careful of making any banner look like a thumb. If it's a banner, or even part of a banner, it's gotta look like a banner... case in point....

http://metromen.com/tgpgallery/grid/gallery07.html

The images that don't go to the actual file don't go anywhere... if I was to link the small screen caps to my sponsor's site, I'd get acused of Blind linking, and I'd get banned.

Finally... careful of too much extraneous shit...

http://metromen.com/tgpgallery/out2/gallery07.html

looks great, but didn't generate nearly as much traffic over to the sponsor as the previous one did.

http://www.metromen.com/tgpthumbgallery/gallery11.php

I think I went way too over the top with this one... I did a series of these that got HUGE amounts of traffic, and the click through rate to the sponsor was pathetic. HOWEVER, the conversion rate once I did them over was phenominal... so go figure.

Hope that helps...

Awesome stuff thanks Jasun :thumbsup:

Thats the kind of info i was after :groovy:

Okay now to go get a designer to make some galleries for me :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Lee
    Awesome stuff thanks Jasun :thumbsup:

Thats the kind of info i was after :groovy:

Okay now to go get a designer to make some galleries for me :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee
    Raising my hand ... come talk to me k?

Originally posted by LdyLnWolf1
    Raising my hand ... come talk to me k?
    LOL wish i could hon but i already found a designer to make the galleries for us

Next time i promise

Regards,

Lee

Good info Jasun, I will keep it in mind when building additional galleries.

cheers,

Luke

just thought of one other question, in your opinion what is better - simple galleries (thumbs + text + maybe a banner) or fully designed template galleries?

cheers,

Luke

Jasun
    I've found that you should go either one way or the other. When I do a big hard sell text description or a huge banner collection, I do better than a banner or two and a couple of lines of text.

Anybody else found this?

timothyb

Big Grin FHG's. SHG's .....

Part of the problem with free hosted galleries (FHG's, SHG's) is that too many sponsors will only provide 3 galleries for their gay sites or one rotating gallery page. Of course they get old if you provide not enough fresh content...

While sponsors for sites like Boys First Time and Bait Bus provide tons of sponsor content that you see everywhere, signups continue to be high with many of them. If you can make enough galleries that rotate content then I think you will do ok.

What I would suggest is to make galleries for one of your sites at a time. That way, you can use them to promote that one site, then move on to a different site and promote that. Do some D.I.L.F. SHG's then move on to making some SHG's for Quality Males, etc..

Yes, it's true that SHG's are used by TGP owners not submitters. The TGP owners use them to start off with content for their TGP"s as most TGPs will not accept them from submitters.

Another thing to watch for are people submitting to TGP's (like Cumsoda.com =) with domains like boysfirsttime.ORG or hisfirsthugecock.NET These subitters are not the sponsors , just crafty folks who sometimes will try to submit sponsor content..

Whatever you boys decide to do lemme know and I'll add you to Gayhostedgalleries.com and push the Stud Money Program...:grin: :grin:

Really like that gayhosted galleries site, timothyb ... saved me a ton of time gathering up some filler galleries with sponsors i'm signed up with. (yes, I changed to my ID) The more I surf around, I'm discovering all kinds of informative sites that you have out there!

Timothy has loads of good info sites and he gets around to all the other boards & collects more and more all the time too. He is good value!

cheers,

Luke

timothyb
    Why thanks for the nice remarks.. :bow:

LadyLnWolf.. you were supposed to keep my rev share links when you cut and pasted, how am I gonna pay my heating bill this winter?? LOL... Anyways, I am adding more sponsors and updates soon so stay tuned!