Thread: Copyright Violations???

southernexposure

Copyright Violations???

Where can i read up on this?

is there a site where I can find information concerning law suits, etc?

I'm being asked to pay 500.00 an image for copyrighted photo's.

Any information would help.:boom:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    http://www.uspto.gov is a good place to start

Also, where did you get the image from? Was it from a content provider? If so chances are you ill have nothing to worry about however if it was user submitted or, 'public domain' (which actually doesnt exist per say then your best cause of action will be to speak with an attorney.

Regards,

Lee

Apologies i gave you the wrong link i meant to give you this one..

http://www.copyright.gov

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    I will say they didn't come from a content provider.

:boom:

Originally posted by southernexposure
    I will say they didn't come from a content provider.

:boom:
    Youll need to be going to an attorney then

Unfortunately thats the risk you run when you dont use licensed content

Regards,

Lee

southernexposure
    I agreed to compensate the phototographer and all is well... I checked and rechecked my sites for illegal content. Somehow those images wound up in my folder that I work from and got posted in a gallery. Since I build 5 sites a day and submit to numerous AEN's it was possibly over looked.

I would suggest to anyone who works in the adult industry to rethink using unlicensed content. The penalties are severe... From $100.00 to $500.00 per image...

:bow:

Usually if you chat with the owners of the content and explain your situation and error, they will be reasonable. Most will sell you the content for their regular prices.

good luck,

cheers,
    Luke

southernexposure
    What do you guys think of uploading required documents to a web page? Do you keep them in printed out folders, cd-rom's, etc.

Any suggestions on this aspect of the business would be greatly appreciated.:bow:

Ounique
    What do you guys think of uploading required documents to a web page? Do you keep them in printed out folders, cd-rom's, etc.

Any suggestions on this aspect of the business would be greatly appreciated.:bow:
    I would caution against that, southernexposure. Model releases can contain private information such as a model's real name (as opposed to a stage name they use in the industry) and home address, things that should not be given to the average web surfer. In fact, we have it in our license that no information about the models or photographers be made public. Good question, thanks for asking.

southernexposure
    Don, since I don't keep that information on my computer, and it's with the data disks (which are hard to keep up with around my place). What other options do I have. I wouldn't make it a public page, only up where people that question the validity of my photos to take a peek (via the link)if need be. And in other words I should take it down if it is up, but not linked too..???

Sincerly
    :groovy:

Ounique
    Don, since I don't keep that information on my computer, and it's with the data disks (which are hard to keep up with around my place). What other options do I have. I wouldn't make it a public page, only up where people that question the validity of my photos to take a peek (via the link)if need be. And in other words I should take it down if it is up, but not linked too..???

Sincerly
    If you are talking about our content, you can use us as your custodian of records because we keep all this information on file. That way you can keep all the backup info on the disks, as you can refer any questions back to us. That way you wouldn't even have to go in search of it.

As for anything else, I would just be concerned about the safety of keeping private documents on a web page, even one that is not linked to. I would think that anything sitting on a web page can be seen by anyone who knows what they are looking for. And I wouldn't show my private documents to just anyone.

southernexposure
    COOL, thanks don,
    I'll do that now.

BTW. will you guys be offering up more video files in the near future? I haven't seen much in that area posted in the gay section. All I have seen lately is solo guys.

Thanks

Ounique
    We are always adding new content to the site. We have not received gay video in a little while but hope to get some new ones very soon. I'll make it a point to announce it in my newsletter and online postings.

Thanks for asking.