Okay as promised here is my take on the topic

*Pesonally* i agree withe most of what has already been said int he thread however, the instance where *I* would choose to seperate gay from straight and, even then i wouldnt seperate it completely, would be in the instance whereby perhaps either one of the gay sites or, one of the straight sites might unjustly effect the sales of the other markets sites.

For example, if the sponsor has a bunch of teen orientated paysites for the straight market yet, professes to have a 'bear' site in their gay portfolio i think in an instance like this it would benefit the sponsor to seperate the different markets and, specifically, the site offering on each.

However, on the other hand, it may be just as easy (for all intents and purposes) to throw in a 'mature' site to the straight mix.

I guess ultimately it depends on how the affiliate program is going to be marketed to the webmaster community, will it be marketed as straight only with a gay site or two in which case, there shouldnt be any need to seperate the two markets however, if it is going to be primarily marketed as having gay sites with some straight ones thrown in then i would almost certainly seperate the two as a business choice.

However that said, if there is no need to distinguish between the staight and gay sites then why make the extra workload for yourself?

Many affiliate programs do a fantastic job of maintaining one site for both gay and straight websites whilst still marketing them both seperatly.

Just my $0.02 on the matter anyway

Regards,

Lee