Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's up with sponsors using verotel?

what's up with sponsors using verotel?

i signed up for one program with verotel - boys smoking. since i finally broke the ice and signed up for a verotel program, i figured i'd check out some more.

a lot of programs using verotel seem to offer 20 - 25% partnership programs. many offer below 50%. and since there is no $750 investment, this is where a lot of really low-end sites are.

why don't these programs look at sponsor listings and see what going percentages are, and compare? does anyone understand this?

Xstr8guy
    OH GOD! Verotel! RUN!

actually... I thought they were already shut down... IMO, they are the next ones to go.

i expect they will be shut down in a few months, but first visa will probably ask them to stop processing for u.s. webmasters. if they comply with that, they may be able to stick around... but without u.s. webmasters' sites.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Basschick..

I suspect the issue with these lower quality programs is that the processor themselves realize they only have a limited timeframe left in which to operate so they take as many sites as possible in order to make as much money in the short term as possible.

A shame though i agree because some of the sites who do process with Verotel could be huge *IF* they had the right type of energy put into them by the owners.

Regards,

Lee

taboo_gal
    I can't really speak for those using Verotel as I have never looked at them or the sites in their program, but if their sites are low-end, they may be giving what they know they are worth in reality. Then again, our average Sponsor payout is about 40%. They have quality sites and they have looked at the competition, but choose to stay on the low end to operate safely, at least in the startup phase.

My suggestion to them in setting commission is to always consider their overhead and desired profit. I tell them that giving 50% on a $25 membership may look good, but if you're having to put $11 of every membership back into the site, the $1.50 per membership you get to pocket may not be what you need to meet expenses. Of course, they can always raise payouts, which relays a much more positive message than lowering them, and could possibly increase their webmaster base and their memberships.

Just my 2 cents. :bow:

taboo_gal - when i say low-end, i mean sites made by people who can barely make a webpage sometimes. sites that are all outgoing and sponsor links, and the owners don't know why they can't make any sales. sites with just very old content and not much of it.

i was blown away - i mean, here you have a last ditch opportunity: to make and sell your paysite without paying a $750 visa registration or maintaining 1% or less in chargebacks. sure, it won't last, but while it does you should rock and roll with it if you're going to to it. seems like the sites i saw on their board looking for affiliates haven't the slightest interst in making money. i just can't understand that...

taboo_gal
    Originally posted by basschick
    taboo_gal - when i say low-end, i mean sites made by people who can barely make a webpage sometimes. sites that are all outgoing and sponsor links, and the owners don't know why they can't make any sales. sites with just very old content and not much of it.

i was blown away - i mean, here you have a last ditch opportunity: to make and sell your paysite without paying a $750 visa registration or maintaining 1% or less in chargebacks. sure, it won't last, but while it does you should rock and roll with it if you're going to to it. seems like the sites i saw on their board looking for affiliates haven't the slightest interst in making money. i just can't understand that...
    Ok, I see what you're saying.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Just Bumping this for a friend

Regards,

Lee

Macho 411
    Well 2 week ago I saw several Pro Billing sites switching to CC Bill in a RUSH as they were told that in 24hr after midnight they were not gonna be prcessing any more MC transcations.

besides the affiliate program w/ Probilling is kind of wacked up!
    the owner of the site has to approve the rev share. if they dont they can keep the earnings.....

Macho, Probilling is no longer processing ANY credit cards! Verotel is about the only one left that sets up billing for almost any site. That is why you see so many crappy sites with them, these are the webmasters that were either too cheap to pay the $750 rego fee or were not able to get an account with one of the better processors.

Unfortunately, I do also think verotel has a limited life, esp when it comes to cross-border visa settlements.

cheers,

Luke

rick
    I know of at least one US-based processor who does not charge the Visa fees and is not trying in any way, shape or form to get around the regulations.

I used it on my old paysite and was happy with them.

I'm sure I can dig out the information if any wants it -- just PM me

visa us requires that registration, not the processors. any u.s. processor that does not comply with visa has pretty much been shut down.

my complaint was about the lack of care paysite owners use who use verotel. also their lack of overall knowledge regarding paysites and affiliate programs. it's a big fat pain in the neck sometimes!

rick
    Well, this processor hasn't been shut down and is going strong.

I've read a lot of security issues with Verotel.

is there a reason you can't post who this processor is on the board?

rick
    Yes

(from the way it was explained to me, they only accept referrals from known customers, that way every newbie who won't pay the Visa fees but is clueless won't sign up and increase the chargeback ratio).