Thread: DigiHOO

Imasluvr

DigiHOO

Guys, help me out. I thought a gay search engine / directory would spark loads of webmasters to add their sites to it. However, after announcing the site on a yahoo group for gay webmasters, no one has added their pages. How should I better get a site like this off the ground (ie building lots of good links) and am i doing something wrong?

Thanx so much in advance,
    Imasluvr

Oh yeah, the site -
    http://digi-dudes.com/dlinks/pages/index.html

jhussher
    I just added my siye to your directory. BlackHotboy.com, I put it under Race and Ethnicity category.

Suggestion: Have a black category, don't lump the ebony sites in an "ethnic" category, because the type of surfer looking for "Big Dick Black Studs" is way different than a surfer into "Smooth Asian Twinks", you know?

As far as getting webmasters to add their links, well, there are a LOT of link lists out there. I do prefer gay lists over straight, but every list wants a recip, many of them INSIST on the recip being right on my front index page, some even insist I place their recip above my enter button. I have limited space for recips before my pages start to look like banner farms. I know you want a recip, but everybody can't be on my index page. So don't be too strict about that.

Imasluvr
    Thanx for the input, I don't really mind where the recip is as long as it will be seen. As far as the cats go, I did add black as a catunder race and moved your link there. Hope that is alright.

Imasluvr

jhussher
    Thank you for being so receptive.

I just know how I am, when I am on a link list or TGP my eyes roam alphabetically, as the categories are usually listed. I pass Asian and Amateur looking for Black under B, if I don't see it I will go down to E for Ebony...after that I, as a typical surfer, may not scan further to an unusual category like "Race and Ethnicity"

On a TGP, imagine I visit Ethnic and see a gallery description like "Big Dick". I don't know if it's a black or arab or pakistani or japanese boy, you know? So I will probably not bother clicking that link.

I'm just a big fan of targeting traffic and labelling thigs for the traffic you are trying to attract.

Thanks again

James

DigitalJay
    maybe nobody is using your site because nothing about it really sets it out from the 100s of other gay lists/directories using a Links type script. If you don't have some kind of original angle your directory won't make it. Why not concentrate on one specific niche, such as a jock directory? Just an example and a good idea...