Thread: How to

Imasluvr

How to

Ok, so I hired a model, made an ok jackoff video and want to sell it. Not to expensive, just maybe $15 bucks. what is the best way to get the word out, what about billing, is there a third party distributor that would take care of everything for a % of the profit? Terribly new to this, sorry. Hope you can give me some pointers.

Thanx,
    Imasluvr

before you sell it, can you comply with 2257? gotta have someone in your primary place of business ready to show law enforcement i.d.'s upon request during business hours.

you can sell it through ounique, or sell it outright to someone with the i.d.s

Imasluvr
    Yes I have a copy of DL and standard model release. Do you have a link to 'ounique'? Are they a good resource for newbies to video productions?

Thanx,
    Imasluvr

Imasluvr, please read what i say more carefully.

IF you're in the u.s., it's not enough that you have the i.d. you must have it available in your primary place of business to show to law enforcement during all business hours. and that will be for the duration that anyone has your content online.

if you can not have the i.d. ready to show to law enforcement during business hours, you're violating a law that can get you - and anyone who uses your video - thrown in jail.

also you'll need to be able to give some of us that address to put online in a public place.

here's one place to read about record keeping http://chat.ynotmasters.com/legal/Ch...11&Site_ID=leg

you can sell through ounique - the link is www.ounique.com
    they're a content broker - a large one - and they'll hold the i.d. at their place of business. you are still not off the hook as the producer, but at least your webmasters will have something to fall back on.

Kay
    Hi Basschick is right Imasluvr. As the producer of the materials you are required to keep the records on file as detailed by USC 2257. If you are willing to do this, you can use brokers to sell your content (and, like she said, they can hold copies of the records also) but you still must keep such records on file. You can't just create content, sell it and be done with it forever from there. You have the obligation of recordkeeping as the producer, whether you use it yourself or sell it to others.

If you decide to do the proper recordkeeping and are still interested in selling your content, drop me an email. We are getting ready to launch our content store soon and I'd be happy to look at your materials.

Kay