As my last post (Hosting Costs…) indicates, I’m looking into setting up my own pay site. I’m currently working on AVS sites and so I don’t have the first clue as to the challenges I’ll be faced with in this endeavor and would really appreciate your input.

I have about a trillion questions but I’m just gonna bother you guys with the more important ones…

- Are the any Huge/Significant upfront costs in terms of hosting and/or payment processing that I need to consider? (I’m familiar with the new Visa policy requiring a $750 startup fee) I remember a few years ago some one told me that there was a $200,000 startup cost to set up streaming video. Is that right?

- Is it still possible today to find a good payment processor that will process BOTH visa and mc (including checks and phone billing)…AND also provide a good rev sharer program? Would CCBill be the answer?

- Is hosting really that expensive? Would 6000GB of transfer per month cost nearly $10,000 (if not more)?

These are only some of the questions that come to mind right now. Is there anything else I should know? Are there any future milestones I should prepare for? Anything I should know that might make me reconsider going through with this costly project?

thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it…

AlE