Thread: #$*!ing Sorensen Squeeze

#$*!ing Sorensen Squeeze

So I'm using Sorensen Squeeze to convert out fullength movies to Quicktime Streaming files.. They're all about 40 minutes long, and for some reason, when I'm capturing them, they stop at exactly 19:50.

Does anybody have any experience with this, and know what the heck I'm doing wrong?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

curiousbunny
    Try this:
    Solution:
    When generating the output file, turn off B-frames (Bidirectional Prediction) from the Encode tab of the Sorenson Video 3 codec settings.

http://www.sorenson.com/support/

the problem isn't the output, it's the capturing itself...but I'll try that support page.

thanks

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Actually, I just came upon another weird problem with Squeeze.... I set up 5 or 6 files to batch convert, it processes the first one, and just sits there, claiming it's doing something, and none of the other files get converted, even though they are all checked and the actions are selected. Any ideas?

Ok, good news ifI fixed my problem.

I reformatted my external drive, and that solved the whole problem. For some reason, it was limiting me

Now on to yours.

Um... how long does it hang?

I've not tried using the "batch encode"function, but I noticed that when I was encoding single files, it would hang at 99% for almost as long as the rest of the file took, and then all would be fine.

Are you doing separate jobs?

I think it only does one job at a time, but you can add as many files to a job as you want.

curiousbunny
    kewl good job! :howl:

Dzinerbear
    wow ... this is all so confusing for a blonde like me, but I'm glad you big, strong men have figured it all out.

db

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun
    Ok, good news ifI fixed my problem.

Now on to yours.

Um... how long does it hang?
    That sounds like a question we ask our models

But seriously... here's what happens.

I import maybe 5 clips into a single job, set the encoding work I want it to do (in this case, MPEG-2 elementary for DVD use) for each individual clip. I start it up, and it goes to work on the first clip and completes it properly. Sometimes, it starts on the 2nd clip and finishes and goes on to the third and fourth, but more commonly it finish the first clip and then act like it's doing something (the "stop" button is visible) but no progress bars or any other indication that it's actually working on the next clip in the queue. The checkbox telling it to act on the clip is checked... but it just sits. For hours.

If I reboot or close and reopen Squeeze, sometimes that fixes it... but it's very aggrivating to go to bed with 15 clips queued up and wake up to find that one was done...

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

curiousbunny
    Do u have free space on ur drive? :juggle:

Operating System: Window/Macintosh
    Product: Sorenson Squeeze
    Version: (any)

Squeeze lets you perform batch processing with multiple source files using Watch Folders. You can put as many source files as you want in a folder and then have Squeeze compress the files in the folder.

To compress multiple source files:
    1. Create a folder to use as your Watch Folder. The Watch Folder is where you put the source files that you want compressed. You can also use an existing folder.
    2. Launch the Squeeze application.
    3. From the File menu, select Open Watch Folder. The Browse for Folder dialog box appears.
    4. Select the folder you want to use as your Watch Folder and then click the OK button.
    Squeeze automatically creates two sub-folders inside the Watch Folder:
    -- Squeeze Work is for storing source files after Squeeze compresses them. As Squeeze compresses your source files they are moved to the work folder.
    -- Squeeze Done is where Squeeze puts your compressed files.
    5. On the Squeeze interface, select your format(s) and preset(s).
    6. Customize your compression settings if necessary.
    7. Click the Squeeze It button.

Squeeze compresses the contents of your Watch Folder. While Squeeze is running you can add source files to your Watch Folder.