Hey Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of topics on this board lately. I am really impressed with the amount of information that webmasters are sharing with each other. I learned so much here that I decided to register and post my first topic!

A few years ago I got sucked into the world of live streaming video web sites. I was spending quite a bit of time and money as a voyeur watching and chatting with the hottest cam models that I could find. I soon thought that this was something that I wanted to try for myself. For 2 and a half years I lived on web cam. I had a camcorder on a tripod with a very long cord going back to my computer. The site made enough money to make it worth the time and energy that I put into it. I also got tons of packages of items from members and guests of my site who only wanted to see me with that item on my web cam. Underwear, linen, or clear plastic shower curtains. :>

The hardest part of this venture was getting steady traffic to my site. No one wants to log into a chat room right before a scheduled show only to find a handful of people in the audience. I swapped as many banners as I could without turning my pages into banner farms. I did a lot of posting to various newsgroups which help to get some fresh traffic. What helped me the most was making thumbnail gallery pages and posting them to TGP sites. I had finally found the off ramp to the super freeway. I had only wished I had started doing it sooner. By this time though I was tired of being the meat on cam and decided to end my site . I may start it up again or just build cam sites for other guys. Before doing it again I need to have a strong foundation of steady gay traffic. That is why I decided to start my own TGP site.

I have been looking into many different tgp programs out there. Most of them are either free or cheap. I don't mind spending the money for something that will save me time. I was all set on trying out "Cliff's Thumbnail Gallery Post Script Version 1.05" Then I ran across JMB's "Auto Gallery Professional " What I liked about this program is it generates a password so that submitters must enter it manually. I blocks cheaters and auto submits.

I guess my first question here is what is the best TGP program to use? I want something that saves me time, ban and blacklist cheaters, and also make it easy to use for the honest webmaster who wants to post his gallery.

One other thing. Where can I go to read up on how these programs work. I understand HTML. I don't hard code. I either use Dreamweaver or Front Page. I have no background in Perl, Unix, or CGI. I have a tech friend who is going to help me but how much of what else do I need to know to run a TGP?

Any replies to this will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Eric

PS My site is registered but am still waiting on the hosting to get set up.

www.livemalepics.com