Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Jasun
    Originally posted by Direct Holly
    when the next celebrity does something else like Jlo...
    I dunno... I think Celebrities do JLO all the time. I think JLO probably gets done as often as Ron Jeremy.

Ha.

I agree, btw about gloriously "finding" bin Ladin suddenly about a week before the election. They've probably got a look-a-like ready to do if they can't find the real one. I have a feeling that "finding" Saddam Hussein was a test to see how much of a bounce they could expect and how long it would last so it can be timed right.

Funny how so many people now have absolutly no trust in the White House anymore, eh?

taboo_gal
    Originally posted by Jasun
    I dunno... I think Celebrities do JLO all the time. I think JLO probably gets done as often as Ron Jeremy.

Ha.

I agree, btw about gloriously "finding" bin Ladin suddenly about a week before the election. They've probably got a look-a-like ready to do if they can't find the real one. I have a feeling that "finding" Saddam Hussein was a test to see how much of a bounce they could expect and how long it would last so it can be timed right.

Funny how so many people now have absolutly no trust in the White House anymore, eh?
    I'm sure your question is rhetorical, Jasun, but I just have to comment. :bow: Who can possibly trust anything that has allowed the last 3 men in office to run the country? The last one, being the biggest goober of them all, worsened the image of the American people. We look like uneducated, lazy, horny, drug taking hicks who don't know our asses from a whole in the ground. Ok, we probably already looked that way to alot of other countries, but damn, did Clinton have to put the nail in the coffin?

And, I just love how we say we are a free people, who are informed, or have the ability to be informed, yet we only get the information our government decides to provide. Oh what a democracy! :wtf:

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Originally posted by taboo_gal
    Ok, we probably already looked that way to alot of other countries, but damn, did Clinton have to put the nail in the coffin?

What the heck did Clinton do to gather your wrath? I know Peace & Prosperity is bad for a lot of people, but SOME of us actually enjoyed it!

Oh I know..that's right..he got a blow job and lied about it. Indeed what a traitor to the constitution was he for doing that.

We know that Republicans (with the exception of Warren G. Harding back in 1921) don't have sex in the Oval Office, or for that matter in the White House because they are so pure!

But please, elaborate on how and why Clinton "put the final nail in the coffin"!

Jasun
    Actually, in the world's eye, the present one is far worse than the last few. The rest of the world thought that America's reaction to Bill Clinton was far more unreasonable than what he did himself.

but of course, we can argue about who's worse than who forever. The whole point is the rather absurd way that Americans sexualize everything from cars to women's breats and then get horrified by it.

In most other countries, people neither over sexualize or get shocked by sexuality. It's just a weird thing that kind of defies explanation.

Jasun
    and man, it's four days later, and we're still talking about a Jackson boob, which, like all things Jackson, doesn't actually contain any human tissue.

I mean, really, if the lights were brighter, they'd probably have melted.

taboo_gal
    Originally posted by Mansized
    What the heck did Clinton do to gather your wrath? I know Peace & Prosperity is bad for a lot of people, but SOME of us actually enjoyed it!

Oh I know..that's right..he got a blow job and lied about it. Indeed what a traitor to the constitution was he for doing that.

We know that Republicans (with the exception of Warren G. Harding back in 1921) don't have sex in the Oval Office, or for that matter in the White House because they are so pure!

But please, elaborate on how and why Clinton "put the final nail in the coffin"!
    I've no issue with peace or prosperity, but he was simply a joke. The force behind him was his wife. I don't care about a blowjob. I care that he made a mockery of himself and his office. Is this the quote of a great leader: "It depends on what your definition of IS is." In my opinion, it is not.

I respect that there are others who liked the man. I'm also aware that there have been bad presidents throughout history. At present, I'm not partial to any of them and certainly endorse no political parties. All I would like to see is someone in office who'll do what they say they will and not make a mockery of themselves or our country. Just my 2 cents.

LOL, Jasun! Our society does tend to over sexualize and freak over every little thing. I don't know why, but I certainly don't agree.

I've no issue with peace or prosperity, but he was simply a joke. The force behind him was his wife. I don't care about a blowjob. I care that he made a mockery of himself and his office. Is this the quote of a great leader: "It depends on what your definition of IS is." In my opinion, it is not.

Hmm..where do I start here?
    First off, I know several hundred thousand Americans that would disagree with you on your total conclusion.
    Secondly, it's interesting that you say you don't care about the blowjob, yet use the example of his "depends on what your definition of IS" as YOUR defining example of how BAD Clinton was as a President. Tad bit of hypocrisy there.
    Thirdly..while Hillary is great..she by NO MEANS was the "force" that made him great. Think you need to update yourself on just who and what Clinton did as President..BESIDES the "sex thing".

Clinton was not a joke. His foreign policy was not a joke. His economic policy was not a joke. His statement about the "sex thing" WAS a BIG joke! But if you are going to throw away EVERYTHING because of THAT statement, you are missing the BIG PICTURE here!

P.S. His "Don't ask don't tell" was one of his WORST moments imho.

taboo_gal
    Hmm..where do I start here?
    First off, I know several hundred thousand Americans that would disagree with you on your total conclusion.
    Secondly, it's interesting that you say you don't care about the blowjob, yet use the example of his "depends on what your definition of IS" as YOUR defining example of how BAD Clinton was as a President. Tad bit of hypocrisy there.
    Thirdly..while Hillary is great..she by NO MEANS was the "force" that made him great. Think you need to update yourself on just who and what Clinton did as President..BESIDES the "sex thing".

Clinton was not a joke. His foreign policy was not a joke. His economic policy was not a joke. His statement about the "sex thing" WAS a BIG joke! But if you are going to throw away EVERYTHING because of THAT statement, you are missing the BIG PICTURE here!

P.S. His "Don't ask don't tell" was one of his WORST moments imho.
    Ok, I have an opinion to which I am totally entitled. Yes I use a statement he made in reference to the "sex thing" as an example, but that doesn't mean I cared about the whole ball of wax. I am informed. I just don't care to list all my reasons for my dislike of him. Again, I am entitled as you are to your feelings and opinions.

I do not normally get into political debate. Had I considered this would follow, I would have kept my opinion to myself. I apologize to you if my opinion offended and to the board members for having to endure such. I fully concede. :bow:

Ok, I have an opinion to which I am totally entitled. Yes I use a statement he made in reference to the "sex thing" as an example, but that doesn't mean I cared about the whole ball of wax. I am informed. I just don't care to list all my reasons for my dislike of him. Again, I am entitled as you are to your feelings and opinions.

I do not normally get into political debate. Had I considered this would follow, I would have kept my opinion to myself. I apologize to you if my opinion offended and to the board members for having to endure such. I fully concede. :bow:
    Hey Taboo..not a prob! I'm not angry or mad or anything like that. I just was wondering WHY you didn't like Clinton. When you make statements like that you've got to expect that someone just might DISAGREE with ya. If that's a debate..so be it, but I'm not offended and I doubt anyone else is either.

taboo_gal
    Hey Taboo..not a prob! I'm not angry or mad or anything like that. I just was wondering WHY you didn't like Clinton. When you make statements like that you've got to expect that someone just might DISAGREE with ya. If that's a debate..so be it, but I'm not offended and I doubt anyone else is either.
    Good deal. Last thing I want to do is anger or offend anyone. :grin:

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

I do not normally get into political debate. Had I considered this would follow, I would have kept my opinion to myself. I
    taboo_gal,

Please do not think this way - Especially here. We all have our opinions and we should share them no matter what.

Honestly, the vast and diverse persons and opinions we have here help us all form educated ideas about life and even this business in one way or another.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

My best,
    Gary-Alan

taboo_gal
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    taboo_gal,

Please do not think this way - Especially here. We all have our opinions and we should share them no matter what.

Honestly, the vast and diverse persons and opinions we have here help us all form educated ideas about life and even this business in one way or another.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

My best,
    Gary-Alan
    Thanks, Gary-Alan. That makes me feel much better. :bow:

Ounique
    I have to agree with Gary-Alan on this. I belong to a club here in LA and we use a messages board to communicate between meetings and functions. Last year a huge debate started up and the board had more messages in one week than it had in several months. People started getting a little riled up and I came in and posted something that I think fits here. I'm paraphrasing, of course, but here is the basic idea of what I said...

Hey guys, don't you realize what is happening here? We are communicating! We all have different opinions and we are sharing them. If we all thought the same way then life would be soooo boring. So speak your mind, take it all in, listen to the others and learn about your friends. Sometimes the things we most disagree with only go to reaffirm what we belive in.

Okay, that's it. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and my humble opinion on the whole Bush/Clinton debate... If getting a blowjob from an intern was the worst thing Bush had done in office, we would all be in much better shape. :grin:

taboo_gal
    LOL Don!

That is a very healthy perspective. I guess I'm so used to the "flaming" that goes on that I really didn't think about it that way.

Thanks!

Good deal. Last thing I want to do is anger or offend anyone. :grin:
    Of all people you should be angering and offending, Mansized should be #1. :groovy: <--- ya know that looks like "giving you the finger" not "groovy", I will let you decide what I really mean by it.

cheers,

Luke