Thread: Tranny Arrested For Trying To Marry

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Check It Out Tranny Arrested For Trying To Marry

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/03/032004tsMarr.htm

(Leavenworth County, Kansas) A transsexual woman has been arrested for applying for a marriage license. 48 year old Sandy Clarissa Gast (pictured) is charged with providing false information on an official document.

Gast has legally changed her name and obtained a driver's license that declares her to be a female, but under Kansas law she is still a male.

Sheriff's deputies arrested her shortly after she filled out the license form with her partner and fiancé George Somers.

"The change of driver's license, the change of name -- even though they were done through legal channels, doesn't change gender," Frank Kohl, the Leavenworth County prosecuting attorney told television station KMBC.
    "The gender you're born with is the gender you remain for life," Kohl said citing a state Supreme Court ruling that surgical sexual reassignment is only cosmetic and does not actually change gender.

Gast was released on $2,500 bond. Se is due back in court on Wednesday, facing a maximum penalty of $500.

Despite being unable to marry, Gast and Somers said they will have their union blessed in a church this weekend, and they haven't given up hope of some day having a state-recognized marriage.

"We're not out to get anyone in trouble or make extreme waves. We just want our lives to be happy," Somers said.
    Crazy stuff.. legally she is a female but the state law says she isnt.. how crazy can the US get.

You know what.. its things like this that make me wondr why the US doesnt just have one single 'federal' law book as oppose to letting individual states dictate their own laws.. would certainly give everyone a consistent idea of what is and isnt legal.

Regards,

Lee

lee, at this moment in history, i don't think we would want the federal government to make any laws regarding this type of gender-related stuff.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    lee, at this moment in history, i don't think we would want the federal government to make any laws regarding this type of gender-related stuff.
    Yeah i know i was talking more in a general nature though hehe.

It just seems crazy to me that every other country in the world has 1 set of laws yet the US has one main set and about 50 other sets of laws which range greatly from the federal laws :eek:

Regards,

Lee

i guess. it's usually to our advantage, though. the less restrictive states can allow something, and other states can watch and see how it works out.