Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recip Grab Problem

i have netscape, mozilla and ie on the harddrive of all three computers with no problems at all. i had ie and netscape on every computer we've had since 1996 - i think that's 9 total. if netscape makes you nervous (i use the old version), use mozilla. it works for this, too.

after all, when you make web pages you don't know what it will look like in other browsers without checking. i've had some pages look great in ie that barely work in other browsers - which are 11% of my traffic.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bell
    would it work to just add the .jpg or .gif
    to the file NAME ??
    Hey Bell!

I actually tried that. And in this instance, with IE, it didn't work. When I tried to open it, my graphic program could not determine the correct format. The file said .gif and the image code must have still read .bmp - so that when I started to email images to myself.

Actually the fix Lee found is working for me. I haven't shut this computer down in two days and I can save images without issues, now. Before, I would work about an hour then I would start having problems.

basschick - I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised how many webmasters do not check their pages in anything but IE. I'll admit I don't use mozilla often, but the difference between NS and IE means a lot. I'm with you!

My best,
    GA

Bell
    Originally posted by basschick
    i have netscape, mozilla and ie on the harddrive of all three computers with no problems at all. i had ie and netscape on every computer we've had since 1996 - i think that's 9 total. if netscape makes you nervous (i use the old version), use mozilla. it works for this, too.

after all, when you make web pages you don't know what it will look like in other browsers without checking. i've had some pages look great in ie that barely work in other browsers - which are 11% of my traffic.

good suggestion...
    which version on netscape is a safe OLD version ??
    is it a free download somewhere ??

~Bell

Bell
    Originally posted by Gary-Alan
    Hey Bell!

I actually tried that. And in this instance, with IE, it didn't work. When I tried to open it, my graphic program could not determine the correct format. The file said .gif and the image code must have still read .bmp - so that when I started to email images to myself.

Actually the fix Lee found is working for me. I haven't shut this computer down in two days and I can save images without issues, now. Before, I would work about an hour then I would start having problems.

basschick - I'm sure you wouldn't be surprised how many webmasters do not check their pages in anything but IE. I'll admit I don't use mozilla often, but the difference between NS and IE means a lot. I'm with you!

My best,
    GA

I don't recall ever trying to open one of the graphics I had
    thought I successfully saved the way I described... so I imagine
    that if you couldn't open it when you tried it - - - that all
    those graphics I saved that way - are corrupted on my hd - and
    I am just now learning about that... yuk.............

thanks for checking that out...

I'll save Lee's advice for the fix - when needed in the future...
    thanks...

~Bell

You can pick up safe downloads of Netscape here:

Netscape

You want the 6.2.3 version.

i use a 4.2 version, i think. the older, the less crap they put in it *LOL*

you can get mozilla at their site, and it displays mostly the same as netscape but with less plugins and ads - same as the old netscape.

Bell
    LdyLnWolf1 and basschick
    - thanks for the Netscape information...
    I'll look into that...

~Bell

How long have you been gay?
    Hello guys.
    Sorry for the late answer, too many boards on the Net.
    You can use well composed text links with double linking to index and niche pages. We allow it.

Originally posted by richmedia
    Hello guys.
    Sorry for the late answer, too many boards on the Net.
    You can use well composed text links with double linking to index and niche pages. We allow it.
    Well, I'll try one more time - I've had like 2-3 sites denied over and over again because it isn't the "right" image.

How long have you been gay?
    If you have problems with downloading our buttons, you can use text links like here:
    http://www.cunterstrike.com/freesite...weetnudeteens/
    http://www.alinternal.com/hot_pussy/

Or grab buttons from another sites already listed on PenisBot:
    http://go.virginshardcore.com/tiny/jana/

Or use 1 common and acceptable for all niches button like here:
    http://www.sickkittens.com/fs/horny-teen/babes/