Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Models...

allboysvideo

Foreign ID's

You can just, as long as you have a United State Issued ID on those models that are photographed and distributed after June 23, 2005.

I personally wouldn't get involved right now with any models, production companies or purchase content from outside the USA...your looking for trouble with at capital "T"...but thats my opinion

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    good advice!

Dzinerbear
    Sorry, you're wrong. You can buy content from any foreign producer so long as both the producer and the model are non-U.S. residents and are residents of the country in question. The law clearly states that whatever identification is acceptable in the "foreign" country is in compliance with the law.

What is not compliant is that if the producer is a U.S. citizen and shooting content in a "foreign" country. In this case, they are considered not to be foreign, but U.S. and therefore must follow the guidelines for U.S. citizens.

This section of the law is to prevent U.S. citizens from skirting around the law by shooting in a foreign country.

cheers
    dzinerbear

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    This section of the law is to prevent U.S. citizens from skirting around the law by shooting in a foreign country.

then how would you know if the guy taking the picture is non us? Do you have to get his id to?

are content brokers going to list with each photo set, shoot in usa, england, russia

allboysvideo

foreign content

Dzinerbear-I respect your comments but still I wouldn't purchase any content from outside United States and file passport documentation as part as my 2257 as of June 23, 2005. Your just asking for trouble...and besides we have plenty of good looking hot models in the States that would love to make money!

Also, why would you want to purchase content anyways? I know this is going to sound silly but I am a producer/videophotographer and photographer and I would never consider using content that I did not produce myself for my videos and website. I prefer to hired and gather ID's from the actual model in person and make sure that I inspect all the ID's in person as well as have them sign a release form and then videotape and photograph them for my own projects :vanish:

Dzinerbear
    I understand your points, but not everyone can produce their own content. Also, not everyone lives in the U.S., and those who don't have nothing to fear. However, before I bought any content from a foreign producer, I'd want to see samples of their documentation and model releases first. And finally, with all due respect, at this point in time, I'm not sure I'd feel comfort buying content or promoting any site that had the word "boy" in their name. I think these will be the first hit. I haven't seen your content and I'm quite sure you're completely legal, but I think the words "boy" and "teen" just put a big bullseye on your domain.

dzinerbear

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    As long as the producer and model are both outside the US and the model provides a passport for ID, that content is perfectly acceptable for the US market. There is nothing that sets out how to show that the producer is "outside" the US, so how to determine that is left up to your lawyer [remember that lawyers are the seeing eye dogs of the blind justice system] and you as a business owner.

If anything, the new rules will drive content production outside the US. EU and Canadian producers ahve an obligation to protect their model's privacy. I have already seen streams of model IDs and social security cards and home addresses and even phone numbers being sent about the net. I doubt the signed model release allows the producer to disclose that information.

Dzinerbear, can you make me Canadian????

Now, TorAn, about the translation service you are using..... ;-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    Dzinerbear, can you make me Canadian????
    Yes, I can, marriage is legal here now. So following a brief ceremony and quick honeymoon to the Falls, I can "make" you a Canadian.

dzinerbear

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I am holding out for jewelry and a winter home in Spain. My scrawy little ass will freeze to death in a Toronto winter
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

allboysvideo

My Opinion

Dzinerbear-I'm not hear to argue with you, I'm giving my opinion...and all do respect...we film our own content and all the content on our "allBOYSvideo" site belongs to us. If anyone wishes to come in and inspect our records we are compliant. Since we knew this was happening in 2004, we made sure that our records are in order and we were proactive back in 2004.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm not here on this site to fight...or get "snippy" with anyone! I was advised by two lawyers not to accept foreign models or content just to be on the safe side.