I'm having a moment of rage right now and need to vent. A post on another board directed me to the following article:
http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/02/020204phelpsPA.htm

And it just brought out that fight and anger in me. My dilema is how to cope with my own feelings of rage so they don't develop into the reverse side of the hatred coin. Hate begets hate. Part of me wants to be noble and say that I pity the hate-mongers, but I'm not sure that's the truth. I do know it's not up to me to read what's in their hearts, or to judge their lives...but DAMN!

Global humanity is a noble concept, but unrealistic in the short-term. And perhaps not the best solution. Perhaps it is the struggle that makes us better people. There is so much confusion and anger in the world. I try to remember that in the day-to-day it's how we live our individual lives that makes a difference. How we interact with others on a daily basis and how we treat those around us is the best reflection of who we are as people.

I'm sitting here praying for strength, understanding and hope...all of which are difficult to maintain at times. Thanks for sharing that struggle and making it a little easier for me to maintain my sense of humanity and my hope for the world.