Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: New 2257 Regulations As Published A Few Minutes Ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Fister
    Hmmm, perhaps a downloadable ebook priced well under the products made by the software programmers.
    If you create it and it works, and can write out the "how to" in a clear step by step process that works for people who are only vaguely aware they have Excel as part of their Microsoft Office ... I know I'd be interested!

GLBTcity

Sad Going Out On a Limb...

This old bear might be too far out on the limb, but regarding listing names and addresses...

Do you think... just perhaps... now follow me here guys & gals...

Does anyone remember Matthew Shepard? Do you remember the laws that were passed regarding hate crimes?

[is the limb going to break?]

PapaBear

jonjayw
    Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    . . . remember the laws that were passed regarding hate crimes?
    PapaBear . . .

Laws have been passes . . . but not enough! There is no federal 'hate crimes' law that includes sexual orientation but 29 states plus DC have passed such acts (although Arizonia's is only valid to collect data on the incident). So ya do got nearly a 60% chance (considering in which state someone bashes your little noggin') of having anyone care. BTW . . . only eight of these states and DC include gender identity along with sexual oriention.

AND, I'm not sure of how this relates to the DOJ action re: 2257. How do you relate it?? Ya think they are wanting the wrong people to see those names and addresses?

GLBTcity

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by jonjayw
    PapaBear . . .

AND, I'm not sure of how this relates to the DOJ action re: 2257. How do you relate it?? Ya think they are wanting the wrong people to see those names and addresses?
    JonJay...

With all of the chat that's flying around, I had read somewhere about names & addresses being posted and/or made available on the actors not to mention the studios/producers, etc.

It just seemed to be opening doors that should remain closed and/or hidden from bashers or anyone else that would seek to do harm.

At some point, I would have thought that an attorney would bring up Matthew Shepard in defense of the possibility.

There is SOOOO much speculation going around in the adult industry... just today (Tuesday) I've been told that:

a) sites are shutting down.
    b) people are selling out.

From distributors, I've heard:

1) This doesn't apply to retail stores and/or websites.

2) This applies to ANY website that contains and/or displays sexually explicit images (hardcore).

3) That if you display softcore images ONLY, that you're okay (basically in compliance).

In talking with our rep at one of the largest retail/wholesale websites on the web (sorry, no names), they seem to be REALLY laid back and not concerned. They're saying that they only have to be concerned with maintaining records for the studios that they distribute (wholesale) and NOT the other studios that they only retail from their website. hmmmm.... ?$(%&#)%^ major confusement in my opinion and potentially one of the big guns going down if they continue with this type of attitude (IMO).

Rather than listen to all of the hype and speculation, we contacted Jeffrey Douglas to be safe and will continue to follow his guidelines.

PapaBear

jonjayw
    Quote Originally Posted by GLBTcity
    . . . Rather than listen to all of the hype and speculation, we contacted Jeffrey Douglas to be safe and will continue to follow his guidelines.

PapaBear
    That's the only way to go. Good move!!

DamianPPVNetworks

Conversions...

Lee, I responded and my post went into the wrong section... hhmmmph... please delete this if u see it. Reposting in the correct section.