So, I've never really asked this. I've read this on GFY a couple of times and after scrolling down after the first 5 posts, there was a lot of bashing hitting so I left it alone.

So, I'm wondering how everyone got started in the industry.

For me...
I worked on a live cam site for PrideIslandStuds.com (it's old). I was a live in model, lived my life on cam.

Then I went off to work for another small studio, that was a joke... Long drawn out story - wasn't a real studio.

Then I was living in Louisville, KY. I answered an ad for EON Films. Rocky moved me from Louisville, KY to San Diego, CA. I was on his live cam sites FratFoot.com and DormBoiz.com.

Then I went and worked for NakedFratHouse.com.

After that I worked for a bareback studio out of San Diego doing shipping in the mornings, marketing in the afternoons, did a bit of on film modeling for them, and in the evenings in my spare time I did some other misc. marketing for them.

I loved the job but unfortunately, that's when the economy started hitting and I amongst 6 others were laid off. Didn't make much since being I was one of the marketing guys, but oh well life goes on.

A couple months after that. I started directing for a studio. I did a couple films for them. Then they decided to shut down. I then started directing, paying the models, doing everything myself and then selling the footage to other companies.

I kinda got screwed over by one. They promised commision and I thought oh great! I'm gonna make some good cash. Wrong! Earned $10.00. Or so they said.

After that, I came here with a friend and that's how I got where I am today.

So how did you get started?