I've been shooting content for some years, but stopped doing so about three years ago for various reasons.

Every now and then I keep thinking if I should start again shooting content, but I'm not sure if it's worth your while. Travel costs, accomodation, model fees, etc. virtually exploded over time, so before I start looking for models/scouts again and invest some money to produce new content, it would be good to get an idea if selling exclusive/non-exclusive content could make me any money or not.

I think the most likely way to make money from content is running your own paysite so you're using your own material and the investment pays off in the (very) long run. However, right now this is not an option for me.

Another way would be selling the material through a content store (non-exclusive) so, provided the content is of good quality, it will sell quite well and you earn more money than from the last option I can see.

That one would be selling the material exclusively to websites. But from my experiences this seems to be least profitable (if ever) way.

I'm talking about high-quality amateur content, not professional studio quality, so the models won't be overpaid wannabe stars, but mostly guy next door types.

Any thoughts that could help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.